classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
7:03 PM
Guinness® Sausages and Onions.jpg
“Thanks be to God we lived so long and did so much good.”
James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Ingredients
6 pork sausages (Can use Beef or Irish Sausages)
3 red onions (Thinly sliced)
3 tablespoons brown sugar (can use light brown sugar)
330 ml Guinness stout
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon paprika
1 garlic clove (slitted for releasing flavour. Can also leave out)
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

Directions
  • Prick Sausages using a fork about 6 times in each.
  • Place oil in a Large Frying pan over a medium heat. Add Sausages.
  • Turn Sausages occasionally until brown all over. Add Onions, garlic, paprika and Sugar.
  • Stir carefully covering Sausages and Onions in the Sugar unit Sugar has dissolved and is caramilising and bubbling slightly. Remove Garlic Clove.
  • Add Guinness Stout and stir in carefully.
  • Bring to boil and then reduced liquid by about half about 7-10mins. Taste. Add salt if required.
  • Once liquid reduced, plate up and serve with mash potato.

http://www.food.com/recipe/elitetwigs-guinness-stout-sausages-and-onions-352796

This sounds good and I have everything on hand to make it. I am thinking that this just may be on the menu for dinner this evening. It is fast and easy and contains everything we like!! Cheers!! :)

This sounds good and I have everything on hand to make it. I am thinking that this just may be on the menu for dinner this evening. It is fast and easy and contains everything we like!! Cheers!! :)
Let us know how that goes if you manage to prepare the dish. My Guinness attempts seem to on hold and I have to confess that this one won't be on my 'list of things to do" with my Guinness. I have not been able to find a sausage that works well in this family except we are talking hot dogs.

Let us know how that goes if you manage to prepare the dish. My Guinness attempts seem to on hold and I have to confess that this one won't be on my 'list of things to do" with my Guinness. I have not been able to find a sausage that works well in this family except we are talking hot dogs.
You've been messing with the cooking supplies, again.

Guinness® Dogs
"This recipe will turn any hot dog into a haute dog! Serve with bbq sauce, mustard, and kraut."
997448.jpg
“Into the wikeawades warld from sleep we are passing.”
James Joyce, Finnegans Wake

Ingredients

• 1 teaspoon butter
  • 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle Guinness®
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 8 hot dogs
Directions
  1. Heat 1 teaspoon butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the melted butter until onion is softened and liquid is released, about 10 minutes. Add beer, 1/2 cup butter, garlic powder, and hot sauce to onion; bring to a boil until beer begins to froth. Reduce heat and add hot dogs to beer mixture; simmer until hot dogs are heated through, 5 to 8 minutes.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/231609/guinness-dogs/

I made it with the Oktoberfest sausages and it turned out really good. It was a hit. I will definitely make it again.
The flavor was really nice with the brown sugar, paprika, garlic and the Guinness.I would definitely recommend
it! It will probably become a regular at out house!

Back
Top Bottom