Halloween food & drink

Halloween food here generally involves things like cupcakes decorated with spider web designs, or sheet cakes with a graveyard laid out on the top, that sort of thing.

I’m interested in more historical things, I suppose, like finding out what people ate 1,000 years ago during this time. To that end, I’ve found recipes for modern versions of a soul cake, sort of like shortbread, so I may try that:

Soul cake - Wikipedia

I’m interested in more historical things, I suppose, like finding out what people ate 1,000 years ago during this time. To that end, I’ve found recipes for modern versions of a soul cake, sort of like shortbread, so I may try that:

Soul cake - Wikipedia

I think that would be samhain rather than Halloween, although they have merged over the years.

I celebrate Samhain but I usually call it Halloween because more people understand that.
Just looked that up to be informed that I have to wait until 30th April being in the southern hemisphere...

As for the 30th October, I'll carry on avoiding it living rurally as I have done since 1998... (we had 4 years living in Woking after university <shudders>), so nothing special planned

I really want these Kinder chocolate figures but couldn't find them anywhere :(
1665578209879.png

Back
Top Bottom