Halloween food photos

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:13 AM
A few things I made for Halloween - feel free to add your own photos.

Black Devilled Eggs

Eggs dyed black with dark soy sauce & black bamboo ash. Yolks with beetroot juice and chilli. Topped with black urfa chilli flakes.

You'd have the best Halloween spread in the city! 👻
See that’s one thing to celebrate before Christmas! And the Christmas decorations don’t go well with the Halloween decorations. Unless you want to have a scary Santa.

See that’s one thing to celebrate before Christmas! And the Christmas decorations don’t go well with the Halloween decorations. Unless you want to have a scary Santa.
Three words: Nightmare. Before. Christmas. :)

We love The Big Three (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas), and to a lesser extent, New Year's, and thankfully, we have no issue with celebrating them simultaneously! 🧛🏻‍♂️🦃🎄🥂

Luckily not so much in the UK. Although its creeping in....
It'll get there. You all are even giving us a run for getting Christmas things out early. We were in London in late Oct/early Nov in 2017, and one of the department stores (John Lewis, maybe?) had an entire section of Christmas foods out, like in a pop-up food hall setting. I remember buying black currant Swiss rolls that were horrendous, and that's me saying that. :laugh:

I will say, though, the earliest I've seen a legitimate Christmas display up in a shop was here, several years ago, and it was either Target or Sam's Club, and it was the third week of...August. :eek:

I know there is a print picture somewhere, but don't think there are any here as DD has nearly all of the family photo albums at her house across the state. A couple of years we had Halloween parties for her and her friends when they were in their preteens to early teens, so more than 25 years ago. I made cupcakes for them and decorated as follows. I'll see if she feels like looking for the photos.

Pumpkin patch, using the little pumpkins made out of the candy corn stuff, green frosting grass using the hair/grass decorating tip.

Pumpkin, orange frosting, candy corn to make the eyes, nose, and teeth, black gel icing to outline the mouth.

Ghosts, dark blue or colored black chocolate frosting. Ghosts made out of melted white chocolate and cut out while cool enough to form shape, but not cool enough to crack while cutting. I stood the ghosts upright.

Night sky, Dark blue frosting, moon out of melted white chocolate, stars out of slightly tinted yellow white chocolate, though I might use sugar or isomalt for the stars now. I'd definitely use some luster dust for the stars though regardless.

Black cat, green grass frosting, chocolate cat or decorated cookie with an arched back standing up. You could also throw a pumpkin or 2 depending on size of cat you make, or maybe some bone shapes either piped or cut out of white chocolate. Maybe a tombstone.

Spider, green grass frosting. I piped a body, added red eyes, and piped chocolate for legs so they'd stand up. You could also use the Royal icing for this, though now I'd probably use melted, dyed black sugar or isomalt for the legs now, or maybe modeling chocolate.

I did a witch on a broom with a moon too, but I don't remember whether I used a template to pipe or cut her out of chocolate, but either would work.

You could also use Royal icing instead of chocolate for any of the ones I mentioned using chocolate.

They make a lot more candies now that could be used for decorating than they did when DD was a teen, eyeballs, bugs, etc.

Back
Top Bottom