1/2 tsp cardamon powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1+1/2 cups sugar
1+1/2 cups water
1 +1/2 cups tahini
1 tbsp rose water
1 tbsp lemon juice

Method

Dry roast nuts until starting to toast, then sprinkle with spices, toast and stir another minute or two. Set aside. Bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Once boiling and sugar totally dissolved, turn heat to a less vigorous boil and bring syrup up to 120 degrees Celsius (250F) and the syrup is quite gooey. Add lemon juice and boil another minute or two. Use your electric mixer of choice and mix tahini, rose water, and two spoonfuls of the syrup for a few minutes. I actually use my little food processor, but with the plastic blades on. Not sure why it works better with the plastic blades, but have experimented with different apparatus and turned out best that way. Add rest of syrup and continue mixing for at least another five minutes. Fold through spice coated nuts, then spread on to a tray or mold lined with cling film, and once in desired thick rectangle/square shape finish wrapping in cling film. Leave for 24 hours either in fridge or on benchtop. Slice (carefully as is crumbly) and serve.

Last edited:
View attachment 44856

Ingredients

1/4 cup pistachios barely chopped
1/4 cup cashews barely chopped
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1+1/2 cups sugar
1+1/2 cups water
1 +1/2 cups tahini
1 tbsp rose water
1 tbsp lemon juice

Method

Dry roast nuts until starting to toast, then sprinkle with spices, toast and stir another minute or two. Set aside. Bring sugar and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Once boiling and sugar totally dissolved, turn heat to a less vigorous boil and bring syrup up to 120 degrees Celsius (250F) and the syrup is quite gooey. Add lemon juice and boil another minute or two. Use your electric mixer of choice and mix tahini, rose water, and two spoonfuls of the syrup for a few minutes. I actually use my little food processor, but with the plastic blades on. Not sure why it works better with the plastic blades, but have experimented with different apparatus and turned out best that way. Add rest of syrup and continue mixing for at least another five minutes. Fold through spice coated nuts, then spread on to a tray or mold lined with cling film, and once in desired thick rectangle/square shape finish wrapping in cling film. Leave for 24 hours either in fridge or on benchtop. Slice (carefully as is crumbly) and serve.

I've been meaning to make this for years. Thanks for the recipe.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom