3 green onions, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
3 1/2 cups cooked rice*
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup soy sauce

Preparation
  • Cook bacon slices in a large skillet or wok at medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon slices, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
  • Add chopped ham to hot drippings in skillet, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until ham is lightly browned. Add bell pepper and next 5 ingredients, and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add rice, and stir-fry 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
  • Push rice mixture to sides of skillet, forming a well in center. Pour eggs into well, and cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set. Stir rice mixture into eggs; stir in soy sauce and crumbled bacon. Spoon into serving bowls.
*2 (3.5-ounce) bags quick-cooking long-grain rice, cooked, may be substituted for leftover rice.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/ham-fried-rice

This sounds quite good. Fried rice is one of those things that you can really add anything to and make it how every you want. This is a great way to use up the leftovers you have from your ham dinner. I have made fried rice with many different types of meat but I can honestly say that I have never made it with ham before.

I love fried rice for this very reason - getting to throw in whatever sort of protein/veggies we have leftover in our fridge, and it always seems to taste good no matter what we add into it! I never use egg in fried rice though because I just hate egg (I'm in the minority, I know!) but all the other ingredients sound yummy!

I've come close to this recipe as I am usually up to trying most combinations when it comes to fried rice. Another good one from Classic33. Simple as well. He might be changing.

I love making fried rice with leftover proteins. I've used turkey, chicken, ham, pork. It's a quick, easy and inexpensive way to use up leftovers in the fridge. I always add a scrambled egg to my rice as well as use oyster sauce. The oyster sauce just adds to the salty flavour. Fried rice is such a colourful dish depending on what vegetables you put in it. I also add frozen corn, frozen peas and mushrooms to my fried rice I like to serve it with chopped green onions on top to brighten the flavour or chopped cilantro.

I guess my husband would like this recipe because he is fond of fried rice. During weekends, we usually have special fried rice that goes well with fried dried fish or cured meat like longanisa which is made of pork or another pork meat called tocino. That ham would obviously exude a delectable aroma in the fried rice not to mention the flavor. But maybe I would pass on the mushroom and bell pepper. We don't go for spicy food and the mushroom is not an object in our house, the simply do not like it.

Fried rice is always my go to recipe for any amount of left over meats. Instead of celery and bell pepper, I usually add our favourite vegetables, carrots, bok choy, broccoli. It's always a hit and its a one pot meal! So it's super convenient. Sometimes I'll do this with some cooked pasta as well. Some process as fried rice, just add pasta instead of rice. I do tend to add some oyster sauce for some flavour too.

I made ham fried rice and was very happy with the results and myself. I have been trying for years to get it just right, read a recipe here on the forum and realized what I was doing wrong. I will be trying the above recipe soon to make my signature creation.

Back
Top Bottom