The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
4:36 PM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
3-46d5-8ff5-ae0c4fc5ee8e?wid=488&hei=488&fmt=pjpeg.jpg

https://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-stack-and-snap-12-cup-food-processor-black-70727/

My last food processor had served me well for over a decade. The bowl was cracked. The lid wouldn't fit properly anymore. The power button didn't work properly, so I needed to use a ballpoint pen to get it to work. One day, I decided I had had enough, and I ordered this. It cost me only $50, and I already love it. Besides the "not broken" quality that I appreciate, here's what it has going for it:

• The lid only fits one way. Other food processors have this annoying thing where you need to align the lid, and then rotate it to get it to close. This one has an alignment notch on the handle (right side) and clamps on both sides (left side) to make sure it slides on easily and always seals perfectly:
food processor.jpg

• There's an attachment to kneed bread. I have always used dough hooks in my stand mixer, which works, but there is a lot of interactivity involved: I need to scrape down the sides, and often guide the dough blob into the dough hooks. I haven't tried these yet, but I understand it's a lot easier (plus easier to clean).

kneeder.jpg

• The bowl holds 12 cups. This is larger than I had ever used before (my last one had an 8 cup bowl). I had gotten used to making smaller batches, but now I can make more at a time than before.
  • Attachments are included for a wide range of functions, such as shredding and slicing vegetables.
The only possible downside is the wattage. It's 500 watts, which is plenty for almost everything, but I am wondering how this works when using it to kneed dough. But, I'm sure I'll be happy with it - and the price is certainly right for everything it does.

View attachment 61657

https://www.target.com/p/hamilton-beach-stack-and-snap-12-cup-food-processor-black-70727/

My last food processor had served me well for over a decade. The bowl was cracked. The lid wouldn't fit properly anymore. The power button didn't work properly, so I needed to use a ballpoint pen to get it to work. One day, I decided I had had enough, and I ordered this. It cost me only $50, and I already love it. Besides the "not broken" quality that I appreciate, here's what it has going for it:

• The lid only fits one way. Other food processors have this annoying thing where you need to align the lid, and then rotate it to get it to close. This one has an alignment notch on the handle (right side) and clamps on both sides (left side) to make sure it slides on easily and always seals perfectly:
View attachment 61654

• There's an attachment to kneed bread. I have always used dough hooks in my stand mixer, which works, but there is a lot of interactivity involved: I need to scrape down the sides, and often guide the dough blob into the dough hooks. I haven't tried these yet, but I understand it's a lot easier (plus easier to clean).

View attachment 61655

• The bowl holds 12 cups. This is larger than I had ever used before (my last one had an 8 cup bowl). I had gotten used to making smaller batches, but now I can make more at a time than before.
  • Attachments are included for a wide range of functions, such as shredding and slicing vegetables.
The only possible downside is the wattage. It's 500 watts, which is plenty for almost everything, but I am wondering how this works when using it to kneed dough. But, I'm sure I'll be happy with it - and the price is certainly right for everything it does.

Nice one!!

Back
Top Bottom