Hand mixers

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:17 AM
[Mod.edit: this post moved from another thread to start new topic (MG)]

Dash is the hand mixer maker I’m looking for - they make a mini model that I want, because I rarely need a hand mixer, but when I do need one, I really need it.

I've got a Dualit hand mixer. I don't think its a mini model though. Its good. Its not cheap - but I don't have a stand mixer and it does everything I think a stand mixer does that I need. But maybe there are things a stand mixer does that I don't know about?

The Dualit mixer I have:

This is the model I’m ordering:

Amazon

I like the compact size and the price, $20. All I need it for is doing small jobs - I’ve gotten into the habit of making half-cakes, or whipping a single egg white for a half-recipe, and the full-sized stand mixer can’t do that.

I’ll still use the stand mixer for breads/doughs, some other things, but this should be perfect for all those little jobs that a stick blender isn’t quite right for.

Got the hand mixer a couple of days early and tried it out on something I’ll post in the baking thread momentarily:

I like the colour too - it matches my kitchen.
I’m not sure if I’m a fan of having a lot of items the same color, like a theme, but I like this color a lot, and I also have a small Dutch oven that’s the same color, so now they’re friends, I suppose.

I was in ALDI yesterday and saw a “retro kettle” in the same color…do I need a third kettle?!

I have this KA hand-held mixer in orange. The only KA mixer that I now own!! It STILL works great to this very day!! :whistling:

Last edited:
Its only my kitchen walls which are that colour! And I have one glass worktop saver that colour with white polka dots.
Ah…when you said, “it matches my kitchen,” I thought you meant that color figured prominently in your kitchen’s color scheme.

It’s common here to have a color scheme, then go out and try to buy everything that fits that color. My sister, for example, her scheme is “creamsicle,” which equates to pastel orange and cream, so her kitchen walls are soft orange, her window treatments are orange-and-cream plaid, and most of her small appliances and utensils are some form of orange and cream.

I’ve fought against that it my own kitchen, where I’ve just stuck with classic blacks and whites, because the floor is grey, but with this last paint job, I’ve tried to pick up a little fleck of the lavender that’s in the backsplash, and the beige that’s in the countertop.

Other than that, my pots and pans and things are eclectic - red, blue, white, patterned, solid, black, green, etc…except now I’ve got two aqua things, and I’m finding that when I’m out and about, my eye is being drawn to aqua things!

Ah…when you said, “it matches my kitchen,” I thought you meant that color figured prominently in your kitchen’s color scheme.

There isn't much wall anyway - but you can just see the polka dot work-top saver stacked upright on the left. The colour isn't really as bright as this.

How did I miss this thread?
I recently purchased this hand mixer for the same purposes as you TastyReuben , small jobs that my KA Pro 600 is simply overkill, frankly.
hand mixer.jpeg

I got this Hamilton Beach brand mixer for less than $10 USD, I like it.
When I thought about it, I had never owned a hand mixer until now.
DH says that I own every single gadget for the kitchen that there is .... :wink: not yet ...

How did I miss this thread?
I recently purchased this hand mixer for the same purposes as you TastyReuben , small jobs that my KA Pro 600 is simply overkill, frankly.
View attachment 87236
I got this Hamilton Beach brand mixer for less than $10 USD, I like it.
When I thought about it, I had never owned a hand mixer until now.
DH says that I own every single gadget for the kitchen that there is .... :wink: not yet ...

Remember the old saying, if it isn't broken, don't fix it? I once had an old GE hand mixer. Went to oil it, took it apart & oiled it, put it back together & turned it on. It didn't work!!!! Had to toss it!!! Lesson learned. Don't fix it if it isn't broken!!!! :headshake::ninja::stop:

Back
Top Bottom