Happy fathers day

Father's Day here is my choice restaurant for my free meal from kids. I have my fave Indian place penciled in. Pepper bridge. Best Indian ever...... And I've eaten in prolly every one in Christchurch. Giggle their menu, it's awesome.

Russ

Father's Day here is my choice restaurant for my free meal from kids. I have my fave Indian place penciled in. Pepper bridge. Best Indian ever...... And I've eaten in prolly every one in Christchurch. Giggle their menu, it's awesome.

Russ

Ah! I see your Father's day in NZ is not until September. We just had ours here.

Fathers Day is interesting when there's a hierarchy of fathers to contend with. To the point: my wife's family is so accustomed to celebrating just her father on the day that they have been slow to adjust to me also being a father (it's only been 18 years, though...give them time! :laugh:). What I mean is this: we do what he wants to do on Fathers Day, every year. And, every year, it's a festival of unhealthy, heavy foods (fried chicken, ribs, fries, cake).

So, we do what we do every year: my wife and I celebrate the day before. We ate at an phenomenal restaurant - Parc, in Detroit - and I enjoyed this as my extremely expensive breakfast (a 10 ounce New York strip, with eggs, home fries, and toast).

o.jpg

Fathers Day is interesting when there's a hierarchy of fathers to contend with. To the point: my wife's family is so accustomed to celebrating just her father on the day that they have been slow to adjust to me also being a father (it's only been 18 years, though...give them time! :laugh:). What I mean is this: we do what he wants to do on Fathers Day, every year. And, every year, it's a festival of unhealthy, heavy foods (fried chicken, ribs, fries, cake).

So, we do what we do every year: my wife and I celebrate the day before. We ate at an phenomenal restaurant - Parc, in Detroit - and I enjoyed this as my extremely expensive breakfast (a 10 ounce New York strip, with eggs, home fries, and toast).

View attachment 28647

Thats HUGE! The amount of home fries alone would defeat me.

Back
Top Bottom