Has anyone seen or heard of this item?

there are a lot of people with their own ideas ,some push the barriers of what you or me may perceive as the norm,
some establishments serve dishes on dry ice ,or give you a sound of the sea whilst serving sea food or just unusual foods such as snail porridge or bacon ice cream

Yuck!!!!!! :headshake: :stop:

Yuck!!!!!! :headshake: :stop:
Yuck maybe !but a chef called Heston blumenthal has caused a real stir with this style of food in the culinary circles in the UK and further and even earned him a obe, he is like willy wonka, some real bizarre ideas

So what is it? I think that it would be unsafe to put my food inside a plastic bag and cook it inside the same plastic bag. I am not sure. I guess I do not like it just because I don't really know what it is. It's good to know though that people are continuously looking for ways to make cooking easier or to revolutionize it.

@Berties, I immediately think of Heston Blumenthal! I have no idea whether he is well-known outside the UK but he is famous for ushing the boundaries. Here's one of his worm pizzas...

dd75e870bf.jpg

Yuck maybe !but a chef called Heston blumenthal has caused a real stir with this style of food in the culinary circles in the UK and further and even earned him a obe, he is like willy wonka, some real bizarre ideas

I had a table booked at Heston's restaurant (the Fat Duck) a few years back but then managed to fall over and break my pelvis so couldn't go! I was going for the tasting menu http://www.thefatduck.co.uk/The-Menus/ . You've reminded me that its on my 'Must Do' list. I do think some of his taste combinations sound intriguing, for example, Jelly of Quail,Crayfish Cream, Oak Moss and Truffle Toast, from the current tasting menu. It is fearfully expensive and seems to have increased in price since I booked. However, it is an 'event' and you are asked to allow 4 and a half hours for the meal.

I had a table booked at Heston's restaurant (the Fat Duck) a few years back but then managed to fall over and break my pelvis so couldn't go! I was going for the tasting menu http://www.thefatduck.co.uk/The-Menus/ . You've reminded me that its on my 'Must Do' list. I do think some of his taste combinations sound intriguing, for example, Jelly of Quail,Crayfish Cream, Oak Moss and Truffle Toast, from the current tasting menu. It is fearfully expensive and seems to have increased in price since I booked. However, it is an 'event' and you are asked to allow 4 and a half hours for the meal.
go and do it ,he is so passionate about what he does,its a full on experience

The boil in a bag meal is not something I would use as I do not cook meals for that many people at one time. I do use my slow cook to prepare beans and roast beef, items that need to cook slow and low so that I do not need to keep watch of the food cooking on the stove or I need to leave and have the food done when I get back. The slow cooker is one of my most used kitchen gadget.. I need to purchase a counter type grill to replace the one that died some time ago.

The Fat Duck does seem outrageously expensive but I suppose you're getting more than just the food for your money - I suspect there's a bit of showmanship involved too so I can see why they ask you to allow over four hours for your meal. It's probably more of an "experience" than just a meal out.

The Fat Duck does seem outrageously expensive but I suppose you're getting more than just the food for your money - I suspect there's a bit of showmanship involved too so I can see why they ask you to allow over four hours for your meal. It's probably more of an "experience" than just a meal out.

Whatever it is, I'm not buying it. Go6t enough gadgets & appliances now. The King of Kitchen Toys now has enough kitchen toys!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom