Has anyone used CBD oil?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
12:55 PM
My colleague has been thinking of taking this instead of HRT.

I am looking into it but was wondering if anyone else had heard of/tried it and if so, what do you think?

I tried some for about a week. Didn't do anything but make me slightly nauseous and gave me stomach cramps.

My colleague has been thinking of taking this instead of HRT.

I am looking into it but was wondering if anyone else had heard of/tried it and if so, what do you think?

If anyone has any ideas please could you also advise me?

#10,034

Mi dispiace what is CBD oil please? I have Hysterectomy number year ago so I take Zumenon HRT some time they make me sick an make hot flush worse. Is CBD Estrogen base?

Sarana x

It's oil from the marijuana plant that has been distilled to remove the chemicals that make you high.

I am using an ointment of CBD oil on my ankle (that I broke in 2016, and now has a plate and 3 or 4 pins in it). When they did the surgery, there was an impacted nerve, apparently. Usually it is just numb, which is okay, but if I stand for any length of time it starts to hurt, and get very sore. Also I now have to wear a sock to bed on that foot, as shifting that ankle along the bedsheets will cause the sort of irritation one wakes up from.

I found a good (but expensive) CBD-infused salve, and I use that on the ankle, if I've been on my feet a lot, or plan to be doing so. Often just in case, I'll rub some there upon getting out of the shower in the morning.

For me, it does work, although it's not a one-shot application. But it is better than ingesting painkillers or sleep meds. I'll note not all CBD is made to stringent specs - so a bad brand may well do nothing for you.

RE HRT, I used that for about six months after the ole hysterectomy years back. Then I just stopped, and dealt with the hot flashes. I have no knowledge about CDB as a replacement for HRT however. It is not itself a hormone.

Speaking of which - just typing this post reminds me I have that ankle...

I tried it for for stress; didn’t really make a difference to me. I feel it’s a bit of a modern day snake oil....
That's kind of what I think. Around here, people are recommending it for everything under the sun, and everyone seems to be pestering their doctors for prescriptions for this medical marijuana product or that medical marijuana product.

Even my dad, the hippy-hateinist Marine Corps vet who ever lived has been on his doc to write him a prescription for pain, dementia, upset stomach, and/or insomnia.

That's kind of what I think. Around here, people are recommending it for everything under the sun, and everyone seems to be pestering their doctors for prescriptions for this medical marijuana product or that medical marijuana product.

Even my dad, the hippy-hateinist Marine Corps vet who ever lived has been on his doc to write him a prescription for pain, dementia, upset stomach, and/or insomnia.
Yes same here! It’s the miracle cure for everything....

I even had a friend trying to get me to give it to my very elderly, very ill dog (we were at the keep him comfortable stage at the time).

Actually I use the real stuff, but many of the types also have CBD in them. I have not noticed any analgesic properties to it myself. (don't worry about me tallking stuff that ight be illegal, alohol is illegal in some countries and we talk about that, plus I am not afraid of them anyway, and it is legal here, on this side of the property line, and it is probsbly legal for a good portion of the members here, as the world seems to be waking up that WE WANT THIS)

One thing to watch when selecting a brand and type is to see if it has vitamin E in it. Some brainiac figured it wouldbe a good idea to put that in and didn't know that after the smoking process, or evaporation whatever, it becomes destructive to the lungs. I am pretty sure of my stuff, many give a % and when it is like 94% there ain't much room for anything else.

Some years ago there was a study and it found that some people had a certain type of receptor set in their brain that is matched to THC. The research didn't go too far (like WHY ?) but I think it would go far to explain why some addictives choose one drug or another. By addictives I mean the people with thaat mindset, that type will find SOMETHING. Foof whatever. Like in the tune by The Godz - Gotta Keep a Running'", "there's money junkies, dope junkies, sex junkies". (one I forgot) Could food.

BUT, if there are brain receptors matched to the CBD that would make it very desirable for the user. Maybe like copping a rush. (ask old hippies).

What I have noticed with pot and beer is pain is still there, just at a certain point you don't care. This is good because I believe pain is the body signaling the brain for help and it should not be silenced. This has to be better than those chemicals that kill more people than illegal drugs every year - legal drugs. (over the years I have been amazed at how many people didn't know that)

The bottom line here though is that I have heard that CBD does not work on some people, a significant some people. I guess the only way to find out is to try it.

Anyone who wants to try, my vape pen was $27. Adjustable heat, and one heluva battery. It lasts weeks and I USE it. Charges with USB just like a phone, and not a big one. (yeh, those chargers are not equal, same plug and everything and my big phone won't charge right except from the black box one from the wall, it WILL in a pinch but it does not seem to last aslong witout tht big charger, I DO NOT use that one on the pen)

So I bet you can get one about $20 or maybe a hair less.

You only live once.

T

It worked for me to help me sleep. I used to have benzo's because I have ptsd and therefore always hear everything happening around me (I can even tell if my husband eats a bag of crisps in the attic at night, and yes, we fact checked that). But with benzo's I would sleep and I would still hear everything.
With CBD I have finally stopped hearing everything, and have more restful sleep as a result. I also got off benzos that way. I use 20 mg of CBD daily.

CBD did not however, help in any way with my chronic pain as is often advertised.

Back
Top Bottom