Have to Eat Soft Foods Only.

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
1:40 PM
Yesterday, I had all my teeth pulled from the top of my mouth. This means that I'm forced to eat soft foods for a while, until my gums are able to chew soft food & until I get dentures to make chewing much easier. The dentist told me that they all have to come out because they were no good. I'm like a fish out of water without any top teeth to chew. I don't see myself being able to chew again until I get dentures, which will probably be close to my birthday, which is probably in August sometime. :eek: :whistling:

Last edited:
You have my sympathy, still soon you will have your Hollywood smile.

I lost my two front teeth in a road collision and I had to wait for my other facial injuries to heal before the dentist could start work on replacing them. A couple of months of soft food was a chore, and I found that I got a real craving for corn on the cob, simply because it is the one food you need your front teeth for.

You have my sympathy, still soon you will have your Hollywood smile.

I lost my two front teeth in a road collision and I had to wait for my other facial injuries to heal before the dentist could start work on replacing them. A couple of months of soft food was a chore, and I found that I got a real craving for corn on the cob, simply because it is the one food you need your front teeth for.
That & hard fruits, such as apples. I DID have some chicken noodle soup, which is nice & soft. Peanut butter & jelly or apple butter is soft, as is most cheeses, mashed or rice is also soft, most soups, & also smoothies. :whistling:

That & hard fruits, such as apples. I DID have some chicken noodle soup, which is nice & soft. Peanut butter & jelly or apple butter is soft, as is most cheeses, mashed or rice is also soft, most soups, & also smoothies. :whistling:
Applesauce? Yogurt, pancakes...

You have my sympathies. I have had a tooth pulled before and I have a crown on another one that cracked, but never an entire row. Ouch.

Applesauce? Yogurt, pancakes...

You have my sympathies. I have had a tooth pulled before and I have a crown on another one that cracked, but never an entire row. Ouch.
I've had a tooth pulled now & then, also, but never a whole row at one time before either I feel just like a baby with no teeth at all. But hopefully, I'll have my Hollywood smile before or by my birthday in August!!! :whistling:

Last edited:
I still have the bottom teeth, but you need BOTH the top & bottom teeth to be able to chew your foods properly. One won't work without the other one. :eek:

As I mentioned, same thing happened to me in November 2021. Five top gnashers gone. Aarrgghh. I sympathise with you, it's going to be a tough month or so.
Mashed potato dishes, well/cooked vegetables (terrible, because you miss the crunch), lentil, chickpea and bean dishes (so at least I could eat Indian food), fish dishes and pasta - overcooked pasta, nothing al dente :eek: Ice cream, of course!

My mother in law got her face kicked in by a horse and had to eat soft food for months. It wasn’t fun but she got through it.

Macaroni cheese, Shepherds pie (once the holes are closed), Fish pie, slow cooked Ziti (the slow cookers great for bringing things to gum eating level), creamy garlic mushrooms (mushrooms sliced small and served with soft white bread - the centre out of a fresh loaf is best), essentially if it can go in a sauce and you can dice it small enough not to be chewed properly before swallowing you can have it.

If won’t taste the same but you still get some joy 😊

My mother in law got her face kicked in by a horse and had to eat soft food for months. It wasn’t fun but she got through it.

Macaroni cheese, Shepherds pie (once the holes are closed), Fish pie, slow cooked Ziti (the slow cookers great for bringing things to gum eating level), creamy garlic mushrooms (mushrooms sliced small and served with soft white bread - the centre out of a fresh loaf is best), essentially if it can go in a sauce and you can dice it small enough not to be chewed properly before swallowing you can have it.

I wore a partial plate for like about 30 years or so & it covered about have of my mouth at the top. The food that I ate didn't taste or feel any different.

I wore a partial plate for like about 30 years or so & it covered about have of my mouth at the top. The food that I ate didn't taste or feel any different.
It tastes different just while you can't chew because you don't get the full flavour from whatever would benefit from mastication.

I should imagine with a plate you could still chew! 😆

It tastes different just while you can't chew because you don't get the full flavour from whatever would benefit from mastication.

I should imagine with a plate you could still chew! 😆

Definitely!! The gums hurt even while trying to chew something that's soft!! This is the very first time in life having a complete row of teeth pulled. The dentist did that so that when I come back to see him, I won't have to go through that part of the work again. It is very & excruciatingly painful with the tip of the Novocain needle touching your jaw bone & the root of your mouth!!! If you've never had to experience that, you'd probably think that it's a cakewalk, but it's not by any stretch of the imagination!!!!!!! I've never experienced that before!!!! Ouch!!!! :banghead:But I'm so glad that part of the work is over now & hopefully soon forgotten about!!! :whistling:

Definitely!! The gums hurt even while trying to chew something that's soft!! This is the very first time in life having a complete row of teeth pulled. The dentist did that so that when I come back to see him, I won't have to go through that part of the work again. It is very & excruciatingly painful with the tip of the Novocain needle touching your jaw bone & the root of your mouth!!! If you've never had to experience that, you'd probably think that it's a cakewalk, but it's not by any stretch of the imagination!!!!!!! I've never experienced that before!!!! Ouch!!!! :banghead:
Oh I totally believe it's very painful. I've had a tooth pulled and that hurt and was emotionally difficult for me. I can't imagine how having that many teeth pulled would feel. They'd have to knock me out!

I'll NEVER stand behind a horse!!!! That must've been one powerful kick!!!!!!!! Even with one leg!!!!!!!! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom