Have used you guys before for lots of great advice, Need some more.

Should i buy option 1 or option 2

• 2 100% PFOA Free Griddle Pan by Coninx with ILAG Granistone Coating

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amy446446

Local time
10:43 AM
i forgt my password and my account was linked to an old email so had to create new, but thank you all for some great advice previously.

My predicament - Hubby has invited his parents over for Easter (Dinner on Monday) and would like individual Beef Wellingtons. I am happy to oblige as i love them too, my problem however is that my skillet is broken, it was handed down to me some years ago from my mother and i am looking to replace but there are so many choices.

The 2 that are favourites for me at the moment are

1) VonShef Black Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Griddle Pan, 26cm (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MF6XDVW)
2) 100% PFOA Free Griddle Pan by Coninx with ILAG Granistone Coating (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NCETFNU)

but unsure which would give me the best results, searing a juicy fillet steak.
Luckily the price isn't really an issue as they are similar so just looking for advice on results please.

Last edited by a moderator:
i forgt my password and my account was linked to an old email so had to create new, but thank you all for some great advice previously.

My predicament - Hubby has invited his parents over for Easter (Dinner on Monday) and would like individual Beef Wellingtons. I am happy to oblige as i love them too, my problem however is that my skillet is broken, it was handed down to me some years ago from my mother and i am looking to replace but there are so many choices.

The 2 that are favourites for me at the moment are

1) VonShef Black Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Square Griddle Pan, 26cm (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MF6XDVW)
2) 100% PFOA Free Griddle Pan by Coninx with ILAG Granistone Coating (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01NCETFNU)

but unsure which would give me the best results, searing a juicy fillet steak.
Luckily the price isn't really an issue as they are similar so just looking for advice on results please.

I have only cooked Beef Wellington once and it was recently. Although I could have fried the beef fillet in the wok (marble coated) I decided that secondary cooking in the oven could over cook it so I decided a quick searing with the blowlamp (blowtorch) would be sufficient. I then vaguely followed a recipe of Gordon Ramsey's, but using bacon to wrap the steak rather than cooked ham (cooked ham would have been better probably but I didn't have any).

My predicament - Hubby has invited his parents over for Easter (Dinner on Monday) and would like individual Beef Wellingtons. I
I'm just wondering how you're going to get this delivered in time? Today is Saturday. Unless you order now and I mean now and use guaranteed next day delivery via Amazon for delivery on Easter Sunday you won't be able to actually obtain either griddle/skillet in time for cooking on Easter Monday, a bank holiday in the UK and presumably you are going to season the pan before using it? All of this takes time that I don't think you have tbh.

Based on the Amazon reviews the more expensive of the two is the better pan (4.7 out of 5.0 verses 4.0 out of 5.0). Both have over 100 reviews with the more expensive having more than 150 reviews so that's a fair guide to be looking at and a difference of 0.7 in the reviews average is significant and going to be your best bet give that you need to be ordering it today, not tomorrow.

I'm just wondering how you're going to get this delivered in time?

You are correct. No chance of delivery on Monday. I didn't realise that it was Easter this weekend (we don't celebrate it here).

Use a wok or a non stick pan (or a blowlamp as I did). Or you could give it/them a few minutes on a very hot barbecue.

You are correct. No chance of delivery on Monday. I didn't realise that it was Easter this weekend (we don't celebrate it here).

Use a wok or a non stick pan (or a blowlamp as I did). Or you could give it/them a few minutes on a very hot barbecue.
Amazon operate their own delivery service now and if you pay enough pretty much deliver most days of the year and whilst lots of things seem to stop on Good Friday, they still operate on Easter Sunday. I don't know about Amazon's own delivery service though plus you have to (obviously) order either directly from them or one of the 'fulfilled by Amazon' options so basically it's in their warehouse in Rugeley (? Can't quite remember...)

Amazon operate their own delivery service now and if you pay enough pretty much deliver most days of the year and whilst lots of things seem to stop on Good Friday, they still operate on Easter Sunday. I don't know about Amazon's own delivery service though plus you have to (obviously) order either directly from them or one of the 'fulfilled by Amazon' options so basically it's in their warehouse in Rugeley (? Can't quite remember...)

I remember last year I was trying to source a Tom Yam serving set for a friend in Australia. I located one on Amazon in Bang Na, Bangkok. I was amused to find that they "didn't ship to Thailand".

Back
Top Bottom