Have you ever had any happy and delicious cooking accidents?

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
10:14 PM
I had one today. I was making Mr. OH some smoked salmon bagels. I generally toast the bagel, slather on cream cheese, then add red onion, capers, and the smoked salmon on top. We like all the ingredients warm, so I put it back into the toaster oven for a few minutes. A couple of capers rolled off the bagel onto the baking tray while reheating it. I popped a caper in my mouth and was delighted to find a light crisp texture with a pop of caper flavor. I don't know what I might do with them but I really liked them and could see them accenting something I cook in the future.

What about you? Have you ever done something delicious by accident?

A couple of capers rolled off the bagel onto the baking tray while reheating it. I popped a caper in my mouth and was delighted to find a light crisp texture with a pop of caper flavor.
Sounds great!
Have you ever tried deep-fried capers? No, I´m not joking - just drop the capers in hot oil, then fish them out when they stop sizzling (usually about 10 seconds). Unbelievable!

Sounds great!
Have you ever tried deep-fried capers? No, I´m not joking - just drop the capers in hot oil, then fish them out when they stop sizzling (usually about 10 seconds). Unbelievable!
I've read about them. Next time I fry something I'll give it a go.

Yes, & it WAS discovered by accident. Mixed chapotle sauce some honey with some sauce by Sylvia, some Worcestershire sauce, seasonings & butter. Put it on some chicken wings with a touch of hot sause, baked it & it came out tasting like BBQ'd chicken, thick, sweet & luscious!! I called it Big Daddy's Honey Baked Buffalo Wings!! I was trying to make it not so spicy or hot! :whistling:

This was not the recipe that I was to follow, at all, I just went with it ...

triple chocolate cake.jpg
triple chocolate cake1.jpg

Quadruple Chocolate Cake
I neglected to keep notes as to what I was doing and have never been able to replicate this wonderful cake... and btw, I really do not care for chocolate, but this was really good!

Mushrooms on toast I always cooked in butter with cream at the end. Kinda rawish but one time someone rang me and I got distraught for 20 mins.
Went back.snd reheated and found it had relaxed the shrooms and tasted better. I always double cook now.

Russ

It's weird what happened to my microwave food. Sometimes I make one dish just with water, corn starch, fat, powdered milk and spices. Normally it turns out like a dry pudding/firm polenta, when the weird start happens, it starts to get really hot in the middle of the pudding to the point were it starts to develop smoke. One time I produced a really crunchy, good tasting cookie.

Back
Top Bottom