Have you ever had Booster Juice?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
6:19 PM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
Booster Juice is mainly in Canada but they have a few locations in the states. They offer a fairly wide range of unique smoothies. The last time I went I had a smoothie with beets, carrots, apples, strawberries & mango. It was delicious and very filling. It mostly tasted like strawberries probably to mask the taste of the beets. The unique element is the fact that you can add booster shots of ingredients like wheat grass, soy protein, spirulina, etc. If you haven't already, is this a smoothie place you would try?

http://boosterjuice.com/index.php/products/menu

Never tried booster juice, but I've been pretty interested lately in beets in smoothies. I can't say that I've ever eaten a beet at all, but it comes up a lot as a smoothie ingredient.

What does it taste like and how strong is the flavor? I might be giving it a try - we just got a Ninja blender so I'm on a bit of a smoothie kick right now.

I have had smoothies with 'booster' added to them. This is popular in the U.S. via places like Jamba Juice. However, I have never seen a Booster Juice in my area. It sounds like a place most people near me would enjoy.

menu_pic_prod_1.jpg

I've had Booster Juice before. It wasn't bad but I'd rather spend $4 on a Starbucks Frappuccino.

As for beets, they're not bad in juice. If you're juicing them at home you have to make sure they're washed really well or skinned. If you don't all you can taste is earth. I don't like them tasting that way so, I peel them. You know they're there but I can't really explain the taste. You just have to be prepared for your bodily fluids to change color so it doesn't shock you to death. :wink:

As a fellow Canadian, I have tried this. While I enjoyed the drink, I wasn't all that convinced that the boost did a whole lot for the beverage. I think the idea of the boost is an interesting feature, but I think the results are more hype than reality.

Back
Top Bottom