Have you ever tried fried insects?

ambrosia

Veteran
Local time
10:19 AM
Not long ago I watched an Vietnamese documentary that centred around eating insects. I thought that the grasshoppers that were fried up in big batches looked really tasty. The school kids who were eating them for lunch, definitely looked happy.
It was a really fascinating program that made me think about all the natural food resources out there that I have never been introduced to.
Do you come from a country where insects are on the daily menu?

Nope, don't come from an insect eating country and have never tried one. I don't think I would really enjoy it... kind of against eating all these strange things. I'd be willing to give it a try though, just to know what it's like.

I live in the United States so they're definitely not seen on menus but every once in a while you can find them as a gimmick ha. I've had fried chocolate covered crickets and they honestly just taste like puff cereal!

I've never come across a menu anywhere that listed insects on the menu. I can say with all certainty that I wouldn't try it no matter what... I do realize that they are considered a delicacy in some areas of the world. That's great for those places, but if I'm visiting, you won't find me ordering it from a menu.

I've never tried eating an insect and while I'm sure other people find them delicious, I don't think I need to try eating an insect for myself as there are so many other scrumptious foods that I know I enjoy ha ha. I've from New Zealand and some people who go hiking like to eat what is known as a huhu grub.

Back
Top Bottom