Have you ever tried root beer with a raw egg?

tribie

Veteran
Local time
3:18 AM
Website
tribiewriting.wix.com
I don't know if it's safe now because there are eggs with salmonella but when I was younger my mother used to put a raw egg into my root beer and mixed it thoroughly. It tasted really good but I am afraid to try it with my sons because the eggs may not be safe if they are not cooked. But then again, the Japanese put raw egg on their food often and nothing bad happens to them. Perhaps getting eggs from a reputable company is safer. Have you ever tried a raw egg and root beer concoction?

I had never heard of anyone doing this before. I am not too big on raw eggs so I don't see myself drinking something like that.

No, I've never even heard of that! What is the point in the egg? Is it supposed to make it fluffier? Over the years I have eaten my body weight in raw cookie dough and cake batter and have never gotten sick...

I don't know if it's safe now because there are eggs with salmonella but when I was younger my mother used to put a raw egg into my root beer and mixed it thoroughly. It tasted really good but I am afraid to try it with my sons because the eggs may not be safe if they are not cooked. But then again, the Japanese put raw egg on their food often and nothing bad happens to them. Perhaps getting eggs from a reputable company is safer. Have you ever tried a raw egg and root beer concoction?

:sick:

As long as eggs are fresh and from a good local source, I'm not terribly worried about salmonella. From what I understand that was one of those things that blew up big in the news and then as determined to be much less prevalent than previously believed.

Washing the shell before cracking the egg will help reduce risk too, since that's where any bacteria would be. But my mother ate them all the time, she would add them to our milkshakes, and we made mayo with raw eggs. I've used them eggnog as an adult, and I think it's still pretty common for athletes to eat them.

Back to the root beer question; I have not tried it, but I love root beer so that's on my list now!

I love root bear too, but I would rather put ice cream in it than a raw egg. I just don't do raw eggs. I like my eggs cooked. I love root beer floats.

I like root beer, but I never heard putting raw egg with it. Aside from that I'm also not fan of raw food. I know that there are possible diseases that we can get in eating raw food. I know there is a root beer float. They put vanilla ice cream in it, but not raw eggs.

I don't doubt that salmonella may come in some raw eggs, but it's really alarming how people takes for granted all raw eggs will produce it.

I remember how tasty is having a raw egg in a glass of sherry wine , sometimes mixed with milk and a little cinnamon powder, but never tried it with root beer.

I tried a raw egg with a regular beer however, but recommended as a hangover home remedy. Can't remember if it really worked, LOL

I'd never heard of it in sherry, does that have a name? And I don't know why it would be beer+egg, but I know eggs contain cysteine, which helps break down the toxins from alcohol.

I think next time I get proper eggs at the farmer's market I'm going to have to have a weekend of raw egg drinks :wink:

Not so much because of fear of salmonella, but I detest raw/boiled eggs. There's just something about the flavour and texture that doesn't sit well with me. Omelettes/using it in other dishes is fine, I just don't like the taste of eggs on their own. Interesting recipe though.

I just don't do raw eggs. I like my eggs cooked and I don't think I will ever eat one raw. Nor will I ever drink it in root beer. That just doesn't sound good to me, but hey if you like it then that's ok.

Back
Top Bottom