Have you ever try to make doner kebab at home?

alobar

Über Member
Local time
8:42 PM
love to eat doner kebab. It is pure meat and gives me an orgasmic taste :)

Doner kebab is is a type of kebab (roasted meat dish), originating in 19th century Bursa, Turkey. It is very simple but the trick is know how to marinate the meat.

Attachments

• doner-sandwich.jpg
    doner-sandwich.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
I think that would be quite a challenge unless you have the correct equipment!

Seasoned meat stacked in the shape of an inverted cone is turned slowly on the rotisserie, usually by an electric motor. It is placed next to a vertical cooking element, which may be fired by gas, electricity, or charcoal. The outer layer is sliced vertically into thin shavings as it cooks. (Wikipedia)

In the take-away food outlets around here (and in Turkey) it looks like this:

images-13.jpeg

So... if you think its easy, I suspect you must be talking about something less authentic.

Yes you are right but my recipe is you can do at home without equipment. I frequently do it at home. That's why I share it :)

Ingredients:
Meat Preparation Stage 1 :
500 gr loin meat of a calf
2 finely grated onion with its juice
1/2 liters milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon thyme

Sauce Stage 2:
3 spoons tomato paste
75 gr butter
3 glass of water

Directions:
First we will prepare the meat’s marinate sauce. Mix everything well in stage 1 and put it to freezer. Minumum 6 hours it has to wait. We can also cover it with strecth film.

After we take from freezer we have to wait its half thaw. Then we can use sharp knife and cut into thin strip like doner kebab.

Put them into pan and in a low heat make them sauted. After they release their broth and then when vaporized put the butter and roast them.

Take another pan or pot put the 75 gr butter at the same time. When it melted put the mixed tomato paste and water in it. Put thyme, red pepper, black pepper and salt if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom