Have you tried Philippine Adobo?

tipoywizard

Veteran
Local time
12:41 AM
Philippine Adobo is considered as the national dish of the Philipines. We have different styles and ways how to cook it. We also have different main ingredient for it. We have pork Adobo, chicken Adobo and the combination of pork and chicken. Adobo is generally a combination of pork or chicken garlic, vinegar and soy sauce.

For recipe and cooking instruction
  1. Marinate pork in soy sauce, garlic, and peppercorns for 30 minutes.
  2. Sauté onion, then drop the marinated pork and bay leaves.
  3. Continue sauteing until liquid has evaporated and meat starts to render fat.
  4. Pour the marinade including the bits of garlic and a cup of rice water. Continue boiling in medium fire until pork becomes tender.
  5. Pour vinegar and simmer until little oily sauce is left.
Try it and you will love and tell me what are your comments about the dish.

For those who does not yet had the chance to taste this kind of Filipino dish I will assure you that it is deliciously an awesome dish! For me it is best serve with Garlic fried rice and fried egg and it is a good food combination. Like what the poster had said Try it and you will love its taste!

For those who does not yet had the chance to taste this kind of Filipino dish I will assure you that it is deliciously an awesome dish! For me it is best serve with Garlic fried rice and fried egg and it is a good food combination. Like what the poster had said Try it and you will love its taste!
Your are right. Filipino foods and dishes such as adobo and lechon are very tasty and delicious. I would like to invite everyone to try our native foods and I'm sure you will like it.

I haven't tried this dish yet either but I do have a lovely Filipino neighbor who likes to bring us lumpia and pancit when she makes a big batch of them!

They're delicious and they were my first introduction into food from the Philippines. It made me want to try more dishes from there so I should give this recipe a try!

I'm sure Americans are familiar with the name of Adobo because Filipinos in America are cooking that. Our best combination is the chicken and pork but sometimes we add boiled quail eggs for more flavoring. Our American friends love to eat Adobo with lettuce and cucumber salad that has a ranch dressing. They said it deadens the soy sauce of the Adobo. I wonder why they said that.

How about the variation of adobo which is the adobo flakes? I love this dish so much! Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make it. We usually just eat it from restaurants.

How about pochero, has anyone here tried of that dish? The main ingredient is beef and pork. They are cooked separately and mixed only when the sautee is done. The sautee mix is of garlic, onions, and tomato sauce. The beef and pork are joined by sweet potato, banana and cabbage for the vegetable. Not done yet because there's an eggplant salad. So you eat that with the steamed rice and soup from the broth of the beef.

How about pochero, has anyone here tried of that dish? The main ingredient is beef and pork. They are cooked separately and mixed only when the sautee is done. The sautee mix is of garlic, onions, and tomato sauce. The beef and pork are joined by sweet potato, banana and cabbage for the vegetable. Not done yet because there's an eggplant salad. So you eat that with the steamed rice and soup from the broth of the beef.
So when you say 'banana' do you mean ordinary banana or plantain? And how is the egg-plant salad made, please?

So when you say 'banana' do you mean ordinary banana or plantain? And how is the egg-plant salad made, please?

Hmm, plantain? Maybe that's the fat banana? Yes, it is plantain and not the banana that we eat in the dining table. The plantain in the pochero is actually to give the sauce a sweet taste. In combination with the sweet potato, the sauce can already serve as a viand. And the best sweet potato for this dish is the red variety, the most common.

Hmm, plantain? Maybe that's the fat banana? Yes, it is plantain and not the banana that we eat in the dining table. The plantain in the pochero is actually to give the sauce a sweet taste. In combination with the sweet potato, the sauce can already serve as a viand. And the best sweet potato for this dish is the red variety, the most common.
And the egg-plant salad?

Back
Top Bottom