Having Gluten free guests over for dinner

Local time
10:03 AM
Two of my very close friends have both recently been told to remove gluten from their diet. We frequently have both of their families over to our house for meals. I usually take their dietary needs into consideration and prepare gluten-free meals. That said, I am clearly not as educated as they are about the products and sometimes I worry I may accidentally include gluten without knowing it. Neither has ever complained, nor do I think they would, but it makes me wonder, as a host, what can I do to make sure I don't make any of my guests feel bad? Would it be better to have a completely gluten-free meal whenever their families come over, or is it better to have a variety of things so there are options for them as well as everyone else?

For those of you who are gluten free, what do you think?

There are plenty of things that are gluten free naturally. All you need so is avoid food that are not, so a nice paella or similar would make a great gluten free main dish. I know a great chocolate cake made from olive oil and ground almonds which is again gluten free served with splendid and cream or similar what is the problem? Just check your baking powder is gluten free.

There are plenty of alternative thickening agents envoy are gluten free such as arrowroot. Why don't challenge yourself to read about what is actually naturally gluten free and serve everyone the same thing? You could be surprised at how easy it actually is!

www.the-gluten-free-chef.com/arrowroot-flour.html

Some gluten free, free (in the UK at least) ebooks
www.cookingbites.com/threads/free-gluten-free-kindle-ebooks.3414/

Back
Top Bottom