- Store bought 16" thin pizza crust (being lazy...)
- 1 can of no-salt added organic tomato sauce
- 1 cup of Red Onions (minced)
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Oregano
- 1 tbsp of Crushed Red Peppers
- 1-1/2 cups of Feta cheese crumbles
- 1 lbs of mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of Canadian Bacon
- 6 Pineapple Rings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Insert Pizza stone.
- On a griddle, fry canadian bacon on medium heat. 2-3 minutes per side.
- While bacon is frying, brush Olive Oil on pizza crust
- Spread tomato sauce on crust. Cover entire crust to the edges.
- Sprinkle on Onions, Oregano and Crushed Peppers
- Position bacon on top of the crust.
- Distribute Feta cheese on top of the bacon.
( Save a few larger chunks for the pineapple rings )
- On the same griddle, begin cooking the pineapple rings.
- Cover the pizza with mozzarella cheese
- Evenly space the grilled pineapple rings on the pizza
- Place a large chunk of Feta cheese in each pineapple ring
- Put pizza on pizza stone and cook for 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- Slice and serve
Judging from the recent discussion in the Is pineapple on pizza acceptable? post, this recipe is destined to receive a few ... how should I put this? ... "No way in my kitchen" comments.
So, don't hold back.