Healthier Eating

megankl

Veteran
Local time
7:02 PM
My husband has recently started weight watchers in the beginning of the summer. He is almost at his goal weight and has been doing awesome but I have been trying to find some healthy tasty recipes that I can make through the week to help him maintain his weight. I am just wondering if anyone out there has any good recipes they can recommend? :)

only if you can actually tell us what he likes to eat, what goals he is aiming for (calorie wise), what regional foods he eats, where in the world literally you are, and how many hours a day you like to cook. In other words, we need a lot more information in order to be able to help you out. Are you after sandwiches, soups, lunches, dinners, evening meals, breakfasts and if he has gone more than 6 months (recently started weight watchers in the beginning of the summer - the northern hemisphere is now in winter) and achieved his goal, what is it that you are after please?

Keeping the weight off is the hardest part so he needs to get into a routine of the foods and meal portions he has. As @SatNavSaysStraightOn says if you give an idea of what he likes to eat and what he doesn't that will narrow things down, but I do find soup is good in the evening to curb hunger and you can make them quite filling with vegetables and dumplings and add wholewheat croutons.

I always like to portion off food into containers when I make a big batch, then I don't have to think how much to reheat. It would be good to have these containers so you can measure the portion size.

My husband has recently started weight watchers in the beginning of the summer. He is almost at his goal weight and has been doing awesome but I have been trying to find some healthy tasty recipes that I can make through the week to help him maintain his weight. I am just wondering if anyone out there has any good recipes they can recommend? :)
The internet is packed with good recipes. I use allrecipes.com. You can find everything you need on that site and that's just one of many. Youtube is the next best choice. I like to watch cooking videos as well.

Never deprive yourself of any nutrients, so you will always need a source of carbs, complex carbs, and also protein.

I wouldn't say any specific recipe, but I would suggest you prepare him food that have a good protein source, such as grilled chicken breast or steamed fish. Some good carb options are sweet potatoes, pasta, or even wheat bread. Whenever you prepare him a meal, do not forget complex carbs, such as fruits or vegetables. It's important for him to get the vitamins and minerals he needs during his weight loss journey.

Good luck preparing healthy food for your husband! That's love.

I am always interested in healthy eating myself. Sadly, I have not been able to consistently stick to a program and I know I NEED to. I do a lot of searching online and sometimes come up with so many ideas, it's confusing. I find when I see something in the forum I am more likely to give it a try and come back and talk about it. Even then I still have problems executing. Often it's a case of time or some of the ingredients being unfamiliar.

Back
Top Bottom