Healthy packed lunch ideas

alexander

Über Member
Local time
10:54 PM
I have been making packed lunches for me and my friend to take to work to try and eat more healthy food. I've been making salads mostly but I'm running out of ideas. Any suggestions?
Hope I put this in the right category - it doesn't need to be salad.

I sometimes make packed lunch for my (grown-up) daughter to take to work. She is vegetarian but eats fish. I use grains such as Freekeh, Quinoa, Brown rice and mix with something protein such as feta cheese or grilled haloumi then add some chopped veg (peppers, tomatoes, celery etc.). Then I add a salad dressing made from lemon, lime or oranges and olive oil. Sometimes I use tuna or salmon instead of cheese - or eggs.

My daughter makes packed lunch for my grandson to take to school and we recently discussed this topic. Its quite difficult to make healthy and tasty lunch boxes every day especially with children. My grandson likes sandwiches best of all and really hates salads in a box. I can understand that because I expect the other kids would be looking and commenting. But there isn't much wrong with a sandwich if you fill it with healthy things and use good bread.

We like to take salads in a box just to have a break from sandwiches. We bought our boxes fron Asda in their summer sale, both have 2 seperate pots for anything 'wet' to keep seperate and not make anything soggy.

I usually make sandwiches with seeded wholemeal bread. I have a piece of fruit and a drinking yogurt. Sometimes I treat myself to some hummus with carrot sticks. One pot does 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom