Healthy snack recipes

The Aspertarian

Veteran
Local time
12:16 PM
What are some of your favorite healthy snack recipes. I am looking for low fat, low carb recipes for dip, chips, cookies, etc.

I do have an absolutely awesome recipe for raw brownie bites and an amazing bean dip (if you want me to share them, let me know), but I am always looking for more. If they have lots of fiber or other health bonuses, all the better.

I would also love to see a photo if that is allowed.

I keep it pretty simple with my snacks. I usually have cut-up raw vegetables with hummus. I mentioned this in another thread, but I recently bought this caramelized onion hummus from Costco which is amazing. When I'm feeling more ambitious it is really simple to make your own hummus: http://www.carrieonvegan.com/2013/03/01/roasted-garlic-hummus-healthy-vegan-friday/. I also sometimes eat Mary's Organic Crackers with hummus. Or I will have some cut up fruit and vegetables with almond or peanut butter. Super easy but delicious & healthy!

Kale Crisps. Love them and I can't see anything healthier than those... It is also possible to make them in the oven rather than a dehydrator.

I do them as Sweet Miso Kale Crisps, but I have recently found a recipe for them cooked in the oven and just flavoured with salt & the Bart Chinese 5 spices. it is basically a 100g bag of kale, stalked and stems removed, toss leaves in 1 tbsp of olive oil, pinch of salt and pinch of Bart Chinese 5 spices, spread out across 2 large baking trays and bake for 8-12 mins (until crisp) at 200C.

I do not usually eat snack because I only eat three good meals a day. I had read that there should be long interval of hours in between meals for proper digestion and absorption of foods. But if ever if I want to have something for a snack I always just munch sticks of cucumber and carrots and a glass of fresh juice (apple, orange or mango) just to crave my hunger and thirst and it is also healthy.

Back
Top Bottom