Heat Waves in The Northern Hemisphere

Our weather has been schizophrenic for weeks. One day it's in the 90s, the next day it plummets, the next day it's raining like crazy.

P.S. Anything above about 75 degrees is a "heat wave" to me. I have a fan blowing on me 24/7 year round.

We're fine here, also...we've had a few hot days, but we usually do..it was cold yesterday..I wore a jacket for our evening walk.

We still haven't hit 100F/38C here, and we are about a half-inch over normal for rainfall so far this year. The main thing is, virtually all of the reservoirs in the Eastern half of Texas are full. We depend on that water from July though September every year.

I've got to get my parents a new generator soon. This is supposed to be another active hurricane season.

CD

The weather really doesn't change my cooking much, no. I prefer to cook indoors 365 days a year, though I have grilled out twice this week (brats).

I tend to worry about power outages due to people going crazy with their A/C. A long power outage might effect what I put in the fridge and freezer.

The weather really doesn't change my cooking much, no. I prefer to cook indoors 365 days a year, though I have grilled out twice this week (brats).

So, cook indoors, alone, no seafood, no deviation from the recipe. If you and I lived in the same house, one of us would end up in jail for assault with a cast iron pan. :eek: :laugh:

On topic, I don't use my kitchen oven much in the hot summer months. It just fights with the air conditioning.

I don't mind cooking outdoors in summer heat, but I generally do it after the sun is low on the horizon. I can even cook on my grills in the dark, if I don't mind eating late.

CD

Back
Top Bottom