Hello! A community that loves to play with food!? My kin!

Cinnamonita

Local time
12:17 PM
Hello there!

I go by Cinnamonita, and I'm really into everyday meals that are both ferociously flavourful and healthy. I also LOVE trying out grandiose recipes and working on plating skills for dinner parties. In the spirit of charging confidently into unknown culinary lands, I've started a recipe blog with cooking videos focused on playing with food. I believe in never waiting until one is perfect at something before trying things! The kitchen is one of the most wonderful places to make edible dreams come true through three simple steps: fantasizing, preparing, and experimenting. And I always say, if you forget your apron, pretend you meant to leave it on the hook, and simply declare it’s because aprons are for cowards!

I love cooking because it commands every sensory capacity. It binds friends and families together, and encompasses an endless variety of shapes, colours, textures, scents, and sounds. Food nourishes us, and is our most personal interface with our beautiful world as we appreciate it, absorb it, and become it.

I'm delighted to be joining the Cooking Bites community, and I'm looking forward to connecting with you all!

Warmly,

Cinnamonita

Welcome to CookingBites @Cinnamonita :welcome:. We aim to be a friendly community here and you can be pretty sure that if you post a something new you will get a response. So please feel free to dive in and join in. We have a regular thread: What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)? and we also usually have some fun challenges going on - see here.

The kitchen is one of the most wonderful places to make edible dreams come true through three simple steps: fantasizing, preparing, and experimenting.

I love to hear this! Top of my list is fantasising about and experimenting with recipes. I would also add 'researching' because there is always something to be learnt. I look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Last edited:
Welcome! What cuisines do you like and what are your favorite ingredients to work with? My wife and I are very adventurous eaters trying different ethnic foods and regional foods! I dabble in American regional BBQ and grilling. Seafood is high on our list and I admit to being a snob. I love Cajun/Creole, Mexican, Cuban, Italian, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, German (I'm of German decent), etc. Spicy is my middle name. Indian is a new cuisine to us and so far we like what we've made. Greek also comes into play, as well as American regional food.

Welcome! What cuisines do you like and what are your favorite ingredients to work with? My wife and I are very adventurous eaters trying different ethnic foods and regional foods! I dabble in American regional BBQ and grilling. Seafood is high on our list and I admit to being a snob. I love Cajun/Creole, Mexican, Cuban, Italian, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, German (I'm of German decent), etc. Spicy is my middle name. Indian is a new cuisine to us and so far we like what we've made. Greek also comes into play, as well as American regional food.
Craig you need to try the samosas I posted and also mg posted. You will love them, they are amazing, and easy.

Russ

Hello there!

I go by Cinnamonita, and I'm really into everyday meals that are both ferociously flavourful and healthy. I also LOVE trying out grandiose recipes and working on plating skills for dinner parties. In the spirit of charging confidently into unknown culinary lands, I've started a recipe blog with cooking videos focused on playing with food. I believe in never waiting until one is perfect at something before trying things! The kitchen is one of the most wonderful places to make edible dreams come true through three simple steps: fantasizing, preparing, and experimenting. And I always say, if you forget your apron, pretend you meant to leave it on the hook, and simply declare it’s because aprons are for cowards!

I love cooking because it commands every sensory capacity. It binds friends and families together, and encompasses an endless variety of shapes, colours, textures, scents, and sounds. Food nourishes us, and is our most personal interface with our beautiful world as we appreciate it, absorb it, and become it.

I'm delighted to be joining the Cooking Bites community, and I'm looking forward to connecting with you all!

Warmly,

Cinnamonita

Kia ora, as mentioned is the friendliest cooking site by a street. And a lot of knowledge. Show us your cooks.

Russ

Welcome to CookingBites @Cinnamonita :welcome:. We aim to be a friendly community here and you can be pretty sure that if you post a something new you will get a response. So please feel free to dive in and join in. We have a regular thread: What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)? and we also usually have some fun challenges going on - see here.

I love to hear this! Top of my list is fantasising about and experimenting with recipes. I would also add 'researching' because there is always something to be learnt. I look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Hi morning glory,

Thanks for the pointers on the daily cooking update thread, as well as the challenges!

So true! Researching is such a fun and influential part of the whole process.

Hi CraigC,

I'd be hard pressed to say a cuisine I didn't like. Right now I am particularly enamoured with seafood, Spanish cuisine (originating from Spain in particular), Thai, elegant desserts (can we call this a cuisine?), Italian, and French. But as I say that, I realize that I don't follow particular deep dives into cuisines, I instead I erratically bounce around from one cuisinal space to another, and so it's a bit challenging to say. It sounds like you and your wife have a 'full plate' as it were, with fabulous and wide-ranging alimentary experiences from day to day!

Kia ora, as mentioned is the friendliest cooking site by a street. And a lot of knowledge. Show us your cooks.

Russ
Hey Russ,

Whatcha sayin? I should go to that website, or that is a geographic site I should visit with friendly cooking? And should I show you what I cook?
I have many questions.

Hey Russ,

Whatcha sayin? I should go to that website, or that is a geographic site I should visit with friendly cooking? And should I show you what I cook?
I have many questions.

'Kia ora' is a friendly greeting in New Zealand where @rascal lives, like saying 'Hello'. :) He means that this site here, CookingBites is the friendliest. And he would like to see some of the food you cook!

Hi CraigC,

I'd be hard pressed to say a cuisine I didn't like. Right now I am particularly enamoured with seafood, Spanish cuisine (originating from Spain in particular), Thai, elegant desserts (can we call this a cuisine?), Italian, and French. But as I say that, I realize that I don't follow particular deep dives into cuisines, I instead I erratically bounce around from one cuisinal space to another, and so it's a bit challenging to say. It sounds like you and your wife have a 'full plate' as it were, with fabulous and wide-ranging alimentary experiences from day to day!

Have you had geoduck or uni?

In the spirit of charging confidently into unknown culinary lands, I've started a recipe blog with cooking videos focused on playing with food.
Welcome! Please provide a link to your cooking blog. Mine is in my signature; you can add yours (if you like) by clicking on your username (upper right part of the screen), then selecting Signature/

'Kia ora' is a friendly greeting in New Zealand where @rascal lives, like saying 'Hello'. :) He means that this site here, CookingBites is the friendliest. And he would like to see some of the food you cook!
Hey, thanks for the translation. I'll pick up the lingo soon, no doubt :laugh:
Ah, I will share a video of how to cook some food I like in particular in the seafood thread.

Have you had geoduck or uni?
Yes, I adore uni. It's soo.. unique! —Whoops that was low, but it's actually accurate.

I've had geoduck, too, and was intrigued. I definitely want to try some different renditions of it. Are these regulars for your plates?

Welcome! Please provide a link to your cooking blog. Mine is in my signature; you can add yours (if you like) by clicking on your username (upper right part of the screen), then selecting Signature/
You know what, I can't add my blog link because I'm too new here. It rejects it. So it's "Aprons are for Cowards" and then add a dot then com. It is also a new blog, as you'll see. I will check yours out!

Back
Top Bottom