Hello Everyone!

panos86

Local time
3:34 PM
Hello everyone!

I am Panos, and I'm from Cyprus (that little island close to Greece, Turkey, Syria and Egypt, in the eastern Mediterranean).

I enjoy reading cookbooks and recipes online. I have hundreds of cookbooks :) I could say that reading them is something like a hobby.
Unfortunately, although I spend hours searching for new exciting recipes online and reading books, I rarely try to cook new or complicated recipes.
I always resort to very easy/simple ones that I already know how to prepare (and mostly to junk food).

I am here cause I decided that I need to learn, get some skills, and be able to prepare healthy and tasty food at home. My ultimate goal, that I hope to achieve one day, is to be able to combine different ingredients and flavors on my own, and develop my own recipes, instead of just following a cookbook.

Hi, welcome from Ohio USA!

I think I may be the opposite, in that I have a very poor memory, so I am always trying a new recipe, because I can’t remember what I’ve made with a particular ingredient before.

Welcome to CookingBites from Maidstone, Kent in the UK. :welcome: I hope you enjoy being part of our international community. Its great that you are wanting to develop your own recipes. But you know, we would also love to hear about some traditional dishes from Cyprus.

Welcome to CookingBites from Maidstone, Kent in the UK. :welcome: I hope you enjoy being part of our international community. Its great that you are wanting to develop your own recipes. But you know, we would also love to hear about some traditional dishes from Cyprus.
Of course I will post the recipes for many cypriot dishes I like.

Thank you all for welcoming me here. I am glad I found this community

panos86

Welcome to CB from California.

Don't try to swallow cooking recipes all at once. Try recipes as you desire to make them at the time you want to and things will go easier for you. Learn the special techniques for cooking as you encounter them.

Back
Top Bottom