Hello from God's own country

Welcome to CookingBites CookingPossum. We are a friendly forum and aim to be a supportive community. Quite a few folk here are in the retirement bracket (me included). Its great - more time to cook!

So you managed to adjust your diet to prevent diabetes? That's a great achievement.

What type of cuisine do you like to cook?

I wouldn't say I'm retired. Yet. Run a small electronics business ... keeps my little grey cells lively.
So during the week it's quite a lot of roast veg, now an accustomed (and appreciated) alternative to pasta, rice and bread.
Usually with a small amount of chicken, beef or pork from the freezer. Batch cooking of which saves me time when I get home... more time to appreciate wine for dinner :happy:
I've just started with sou vide, so far mostly meats. Have a fair bit to learn.

Type of cuisine? Mostly English though I do make a lazy curry with shrooms and roast cauliflower accompanients. I do experiment with spices quite a bit so I guess you could include eastern dishes.

At present I'm struggling with low carb pastry, so a new post coming up.

Hello Possum. Welcome.

Please tell us about your diet. Husband (born in Yorkshire) had a diabetes scare recently and is trying to go low carb so I would be most interested in tips on what to cook.

Back
Top Bottom