Hello from Kentucky!

MrsWilson2012

Veteran
Local time
11:44 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Heather.

I just turned 22 years old, and I've been married to a soldier in the U.S. army for a 14 months :) I'm an early childhood education major in college, and I work as a private childcare provider. I enjoy reading, writing, baking, photography, sports and outdoor recreation. I'm a major fitness fanatic, an avid churchgoer, and active volunteer. I adore kids, and I love animals, fashion accessories (shoes, belts, hats and purses!), and anything Disney. My favorite colors are pink and purple, and anything zebra-print or cheetah-print.

I worked in the hospitality industry for 5 years, eventually training to be a restaurant manager... To me, cooking is an art!

I'm pretty open and straightforward about my life and my opinions, so feel free to ask me anything. Looking forward to chatting with you guys!

Welcome. I am Christina. I wanted to be a hotel manager a few years ago, but I changed my mind when I shadowed the manager of the hotel that I worked at. I still would like to do something in management but not in the hospitality industry though. Its to hard and the hours are very unsociable. I did a course of cookery but that wasn't for me. I like cooking as a hobby more then for a fancy restaurant.

Hospitality management is a very challenging career. The stress of being a corporate GM for a large food chain is comparable to the stress level of aan EMS officer (at least that's what I learned at a management seminar, and I believe it!). You work odd hours, deal with large amounts of people, have to meet TONS of requirements that seemingly contradict themselves (be well staffed, but cut hours as much as possible to save on payroll. Have plenty of food, but don't overstock the shelves or have too much food as it will go to waste... micromanage every move of your 30+ employees, picking up their slack when needed, while also dealing with the customers, answering to the corporate chain, creating marketing strategies, planning events... the list is endless) and a social life becomes a silly dream! But it can be rewarding, and the pay can be good.

Back
Top Bottom