Hello from New York State!

Caitie_Grace

Local time
2:27 PM
Hello all! My name is Caitie and I’m a cataloger for my local library system. I love cooking just about everything but I will admit I’m a little bit of a snob about cooking from a box/pre made mix. I especially like cooking from scratch. The more complicated the recipe the more I like making it. The only foods I don’t like are organ meats. The texture is not appealing to me. I’m currently trying to put together a recipe box for my little sister’s wedding present. And I’m here looking for both new recipes to put in it and ways to improve my own recipes.

Hi @Caitie_Grace and welcome to our friendly cooking forum. :welcome: Please feel free to join in wherever you like. We have one challenge running at the moment (often there is more than one) see here: The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pasta

A good place to start in order to see what other members are making/eating is in the What did you cook, eat or drink today (August 2018)? We love photos if you have them.

I especially like cooking from scratch.

You are in good company here! You can be sure of a response to any cooking queries you have.

Hi @Caitie_Grace

Welcome.

What a lovely idea for your sister's wedding present. What types of food does she like? Is she a new cook or is she an enthusiastic cook like you?

I love cooking (obviously) but my big sister will just heat up a shop bought pie or similar to feed her family.

Welcome, Caitie G, from Southeasten NY, NYC.

The gift idea is pretty cool. If everyone here gave you their favourite tried and true recipe or two, I think you'd have a great addition to your thoughtful gift.

Welcome! I think most every one here cooks from scratch. Take a look at the cooking challenges and you'll find quite a few recipes!:okay:

Back
Top Bottom