Hello from the sunny Caribbean

Local time
12:25 AM
It's October and it's scorching hot out here in Barbados. In keeping with the weather I am hoping to heat it up in the kitchen with the exciting food ideas, I hope to find here. I used to think I was a great cook but I am not sure anymore. I've realized that there is so much out there to learn and I am guessing I found the right place. Let's get cooking!

Hi there! I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the Caribbean from my friends who have gone there (for leisure or educational purposes). Do you tend to cook hot stuff when it's hot out? I'm in California (US) and I can't imagine having something hot or spicy when it's really really hot outside.

Well in my house there can be some fights about the hot stuff. My son and husband love it hot and spicy all year round, while I like it nice, cool and tasty. In that case I am out voted so after some meals my nose will be running and I will be opened mouth and fanning. I am the "chief cook and bottle washer" (meaning I do most of the cooking) so often I will do it my way and let them get their hotness from a bottle.

By the way, I went boasting about the sunny October and then it rained all day yesterday:). The sun was out again early this morning though. It's looking like it's going to be a day of mixed weather.

Back
Top Bottom