Hello from western Massachusetts!

Mountain Cat

Veteran
Local time
8:32 AM
Website
goatsandgreens.wordpress.com
I live in the Hilltowns region of western Massachusetts - somewhere between the Connecticut River Valley and the Berkshires. I am starting to farm, and have raised chickens for almost a year now - some are in the freezer (or tummy), others are giving me eggs. I hope to start raising most of my own veggies this summer.

Love cooking, eating etc. Want to stretch my game.

Not a sweet-tooth - I rarely make desserts or breads and eat rather low carb without quite being keto. Love all manners of Asian and Mediterranean cuisine. And seafood. You'd think this being Massachusetts I'd find more sources of fresh seafood here than I do...

Welcome! As you can see, @Shermie is from Brighton, and I was also born in Boston.

You have found your way to the world's friendliest cooking forum! Some of the places you may want to visit while you get acclimated are:
  • What did you cook or eat today (April 2019)? - this gets updated each month.
  • The Cooking Challenges forum - This forum has a variety of fun things going on. The only actual "challenge" sub-forum is the recipe challenge (which requires that grapes be used in a recipe). The Dish of the Month is pizza, so if you're feeling inspired and you want to share what you've done, please do. There is a new dish every month, and they're typically things that don't require special ingredients or equipment.

Thanks!

I was actually born in Kentucky, and have lived in New York, Indiana and Connecticut, moving here to MA at the tail end of 2017. So I still feel somewhat new here!
I checked out the cooking challenge, won't get a chance to make something with grapes before deadline. (Erm, I doubt pouring a glass of wine counts....) But I'll gear up for the next challenge.
I should be able to post something about pizzas I've made...

Welcome to CookingBites @Mountain Cat :welcome:. I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

I checked out the cooking challenge, won't get a chance to make something with grapes before deadline. (Erm, I doubt pouring a glass of wine counts....) But I'll gear up for the next challenge.
I should be able to post something about pizzas I've made...

That's great. There is another occasional challenge called The Prize Challenge. The theme changes each time and members are invited to submit recipes and a photograph to win a prize - often a cookery book or kitchen gadget. The winner is decided by members poll.

The next Prize Challenge will be launched in a week or so.

Hello Mountain Cat. Looking forwards to seeing and reading about your food. Unless of course you really are a mountain cat!

Back
Top Bottom