Hello, my name is Jim and I am a chocoholic

The Velvet Curtain

Forum GOD!
Local time
6:10 PM
Leicester: Where Britain keeps its crisps
So, I have posted here before, but I thought it best to explain in case anyone thought I was being over familiar. The thing is, I share wedding rings with Lullabelle, also Arch and Night Train have sat on our sofa more than once (NT's lemon monsoon cake is spectacular) and I am also already acquainted with Satnav and others who hang around on the cycling forum.

Great to see a more global membership here, and I look forward to swapping ideas with people who have access to different ingrediants to those common in Central England.

Oh, and I REALLY like chocolate.

TVC's meals look absolutely fabulous! :hungry:

In case anyone else doesn't know, Arch and I are married and her location is no longer York as we are living in my house.

This is Arch BTW ----> :spaghetti:
And this is me ----->:wacky:

:happy:

Edit: Of course, having said that Arch has changed her location! :wink:

Welcome back

I'm a bit of a chocoholic myself. It doesn't like me, however (my poor insides.)

I prefer a good meat meal with potatoes, a side of corn/veggies and some homemade rolls. I also have a liking to harvest my own plantables. Fresh produce is the best I do say.

Hi welcome to it!
I am fairly new to this forum and have to say I truly enjoy it. As for chocolate, wow isn't that just the death of most people? I honestly try and stay away from it, it can get highly addictive!

Hi welcome to it!
I am fairly new to this forum and have to say I truly enjoy it. As for chocolate, wow isn't that just the death of most people? I honestly try and stay away from it, it can get highly addictive!

And of course, it can be the source of more argument than any other food! The Europeans regard our UK milk chocolate as not fit to be called chocolate, and we mostly think the same of US chocolate (it's all down to the proportions of cocoa solids and sugar and stuff).

There's been a big fuss over here this year, as Kraft took over our Cadbury company, and have changed the recipe of the iconic Creme Egg, an Easter treat. Lots of folk are up in arms about it!

(I haven't had one yet to try it for myself, i have to say.)

And of course, it can be the source of more argument than any other food! The Europeans regard our UK milk chocolate as not fit to be called chocolate, and we mostly think the same of US chocolate (it's all down to the proportions of cocoa solids and sugar and stuff).

There's been a big fuss over here this year, as Kraft took over our Cadbury company, and have changed the recipe of the iconic Creme Egg, an Easter treat. Lots of folk are up in arms about it!

(I haven't had one yet to try it for myself, i have to say.)

TVC has had 1 (or 2) and he hasn't noticed the difference, maybe he needs to do more research :wink:

NT did wonder if there are some out there leftover from last year, hence some people are saying they can tell the difference, and some are saying they can't, maybe they are getting old ones...

Back
Top Bottom