Hello to all from NE NC

TooSweetForMe

Über Member
Local time
1:51 AM
NE NC - about an hour's drive rom the OBX
Can't remember if I've posted in here before. I'm in NE NC, a full-time caregiver to my Mom, and trying to make sure she and I both survive this crazy thing called life. Just recently started to cook for my BIL - my dear sister passed away 4/21 after a brief but fierce battle with lung cancer that metastasized into the liver and blood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, welcome from Ohio. We're tentatively planning a retirement-scouting trip to NC in December.

Also, good on you for taking care of your family, and very sorry to read about your sis. My SIL died from pancreatic cancer a few years ago, and we all pitched in and did things for my brother, especially the first year after she died. He's normally very quiet and backward, but in a rare outpouring of emotion later, he did let us know how much he appreciated it and how important it was to him during a very hard time. You're doing good work.

What part of NC are you planning on scouting in?

Family takes care of each other, that's what I've always been told. It's been harder the last couple of years because of COVID. In 2016 when my Mom had an aneurysm she was in a hospital about an hours drive from us. I had plans to stay in one of the family suites the hospital had. My cousin who lives in the same city as the hospital took off work, came to sit with me at the hospital them told me to cancel the family suite because I was staying with her. She also got me a pass for their light rail public transport system.

:welcome: from Chicago, IL (USA). I hope you enjoy it here.

I'm sure your mom is grateful to have your help during these difficult times. Caregiving is not an easy task. I'm also sorry about the loss of your sister. Hopefully, your good memories of her live on in your heart. I'm glad you are able to help your BIL during this time. I often cooked make-ahead meals for my ex-husband's grandfather. We'd go to IA to visit him a few times a year and I'd stock up his freezer for him. He was such a beautiful person (skipped some generations. LOL).

Back
Top Bottom