Hello!

jennyb

Über Member
Local time
7:34 AM
I'm a keen home cook who has retired recently from a demanding job. My plan is to enjoy cooking and spend more time in the kitchen. I like baking and making preserves. I also enjoy making Asian style food. I look forward to joining you all and learning some new cooking techniques. I'm in Hampshire UK and there is some good produce here.

Retirement is excellent - don't know how I ever found the time to work as well as it was, and now with all the cooking and baking..... :D

Couldn't agree more! I can't believe I did what I did! Full-time senior management job, four kids and all... I'm amazed at my past. Anyway, the plan is to do more now...

Hi Jenny

Welcome to CookingBites. :welcome:

Technically in not retired, I'm just not working, yet rather like yourselves have never been busier. I used to live on the Surrey/Hampshire border where I lived for 12 years before leaving the area 6 years ago (how time flies). Now I am based in Australia which was never planned.

Do you grow your own veg? I'm curious because you mention preserves. I'm just about to have my first beetroot harvest (here in Australia) and am looking for something other than pickled beetroot or pickled eggs in beetroot...

SNSSO

I don't grow my own but a good friend of mine has an allotment. We have a sort of arrangement that he donates some produce and I give back him some of the preserves I make. Sometimes he gets gluts of things and is happy to give them away! Last year it was courgettes which aren't my most favourite.

Back
Top Bottom