Help choose CookingBites Dish of the Month (June)

I thought you might be confusing it.

To clarify, we haven't dropped the CookingBites Cookalong and the Dish of the Month isn't intended to replace it - its just a new feature. The 'Cookalong' started out quite well as you say and I personally really enjoyed it for the same reasons that you did. However, the last one (choux pastry) had virtually no entries at all and the one before that was also not very successful. I was thinking of running another one if there is enough support. But it has to have more than 2 members entering it! I could float a discussion thread to see if members would support it and ask for topics.
I see the problem

Sorry, I was confusing the competitions! The Cookalong I enjoyed very much. I remember spending hours researching the origins and development of dishes such as coq au vin, and coming up with a new/old twists to the recipes. I'm not sure that the drive for inclusivity has brought much culinary adventure to the new (non) challenge.
@epicuric, I should step up and shoulder some of the blame. I requested MG and SNSSO create a challenge for members with...how should I put this...less cooking skill like myself. The first Dish of the Month was fritatta and it progressed from there. :devil:

@epicuric, I should step up and shoulder some of the blame. I requested MG and SNSSO create a challenge for members with...how should I put this...less cooking skill like myself. The first Dish of the Month was fritatta and it progressed from there. :devil:
No blame required! We are a small, but quite diverse bunch. Cooking challenges are always going to be, challenging.

Back
Top Bottom