• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
6:13 AM
We need to decide on a Dish of the Month for August. Each month we choose a different and accessible dish so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. So far we have had Frittata, Burgers, Pizza and Tortilla based dishes, Savoury Pies and Indian Food.

Any suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish that can be made vegan if required with fairly easily available ingredients and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations.

Past suggestions have included pancakes, potato salad, pasta salad, macaroni cheese, chilli, bread, risotto, sandwiches and stuffed pasta.

Please feel free to add suggestions with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision based on which dishes get most mentions - so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with an idea.

Mod.Edit - we are currently down to a choice between Pasta salad or Risotto.

Last edited:
It's summer, I vote for Pasta Salad

(If DH askes you, please tell him I voted for Macaroni and Cheese, he is a BIG cheese lover.) lol

Last edited:
Pizza is open to a very, very wide interpretation, and can easily be done omni, vegetarian, or vegan.

Craig, sorry, posted my reply in the wrong place. Here is what I said.

Craig, are you sure you don't know my husband? lol Thanks so much, can't wait to show it to him.

Tip: I have seen this done once in many, many years. Our go to M & C puts sliced tomatoes on top and then covers them with the breadcrumbs and bake.

P.S. Showed it to DH. He really likes it. A few of the ingredients made it to our shopping list. He also said I could have the shrimp. lol

No more suggestions please - we have 5 suggestions and I've added a poll. Can everyone please vote for their top 2 choices.

Pasta salad is streaking into the lead - if you haven't voted yet please do.

As an aside, I've never understood pasta salad. Maybe I just never had a good one. Its not so popular in the UK as in the US. Is it ever served in Italy @MypinchofItaly (not sure)? But I associate it with dull buffet fare. That's really the only times I've encountered it I think. So - if it is chosen its going to be a big challenge for me! That's OK. I like challenges...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom