*HELP* Frozen Lasagne

CRDF94

Local time
2:42 AM
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong area to post!

I've bought 2 lasagne's from the chilled section in lidl and frozen them because I wasnt going to use them before the use by date.

I've just took them out of the freezer to defrost and had a quick look to see if I could cook from frozen and noticed it said "not suitable for home freezing". Obviously I didnt check before freezing them but will they be safe to defrost, cook & eat?

Any help would be much appreciated!

The advice is usually in relation to the quality not in terms of safety. In some ready-made foods, freezing will degrade the quality, adversely affecting the flavour and texture. If it was actually dangerous to freeze it, then the label would need to say that.

I think these lasagnas are not suitable for freezing because they will lose their taste and texture when thawed. Therefore, it is not recommended to freeze some finished products. By the way, I recently found a great blog where you can read more information on this topic. There you will learn about freezing food and you can search for an ingredient or dish to discover whether it's freezable or not. You will see these words "can you freeze it" and you should type there the name of your product. I think this is a very convenient option.

Back
Top Bottom