Help us choose Dish of the Month for April!

Please cast a vote for the dish you would prefer as Dish of the Month: April

• Pizza

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Macaroni Cheese

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
12:59 PM
Its not quite the end of March but we need to decide on a Dish of the Month for April.

To clarify, this is a new feature. Each month we choose a different and accessible dish so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. In February we had Frittata and this month, Burgers.

Should we choose something with an Easter theme? Maybe Easter cakes and buns? Any suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish that can be made vegan if required with fairly easily available ingredients and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations.

Another alternative could be bread, any sort including flatbreads, soda bread, fruit loafs etc.

Past suggestions have included pies, pancakes, potato salad, pasta salad, macaroni cheese, chilli. Please feel free to add suggestions with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision by the end of this week depending on which dishes get most mentions - so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with an idea.

[Mod Edit: A poll has now been added]

Last edited:
Pizza. Can be vegetarian or vegan. I think most of us have made them at home.

There are already a lot of suggestions. How about a poll with the ones already mentioned? I personally don't really care.

There are already a lot of suggestions. How about a poll with the ones already mentioned? I personally don't really care.

There's really only two as all the other suggestions were from last round:

So far its Pizza or Easter cake (one vote each) - two votes each if you count my votes.

I will put up a poll as you suggest if we don't get more suggestions or 'votes' by later tomorrow.

I vote for something Easter-ish as there are so many different traditions.

I would love a bread challenge but would need more than a month! I've not got to grips with gf bread.
Pizza, maccaroni cheese, potato salad all sound good too.

Easter cinnamon buns or hot cross buns get my vote.
Or that Jewish bread they do for Easter (the name escapes me) .

Easter is not celebrated by Jewish people. For Passover, unleavened bread like matzo is made. Are you maybe thinking of Challah, which is served at most Jewish holidays, though not Passover?

Easter is not celebrated by Jewish people. For Passover, unleavened bread like matzo is made. Are you maybe thinking of Challah, which is served at most Jewish holidays, though not Passover?

I thought challah was served at passover? But I'm no authority. I suppose for us non religious, Easter is a bit like Christmas. Its a traditional celebration which has become quite far removed from Christianity. Taken to pagan roots (from whence the celebration times were were decided by Christans!) the celebrations were simply to mark seasonal changes. But I digress. If we choose bread it will need to be generic - just like burgers and frittata. So - any sort of bread or buns including celebratory!

I think I'll need to put up a quick poll (as @medtran49 suggests) and allow two choices per member to narrow this down. I'll wait until later today to see if any one else responds.

Passover is when the Jewish people left Egypt in a hurry. There was no time to make leavened bread, so they made unleavened bread as part of their provisions.

Back
Top Bottom