Help us choose 'Dish of the month' for August (2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
4:22 AM
'Dish of the Month' focusses on an accessible and generic dish, so that members can join in, cook and post the results. Its non competitive. So far we have had frittata/omelettes, burgers, pizza, tortilla based dishes (included tacos), savoury pies, pasta salad, pancakes/waffles, gratins, kebabs, meatloaf, chilli, risotto, macaroni cheese, potato salad and dumplings.

Please feel free to suggest a dish for August, with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision based on which dish gets most mentions.

[Mod. comment: the field has now been narrowed to either sushi or quiche.savoury tart. Please vote in the poll above.]

Last edited:
Sushi!

Edited to add that I don't think everyone here likes sushi and it can be challenging to make. I just happen to have a bamboo rolling mat, sushi rice, wasabi powder, and nori on hand, so all I would need is the fish. BTW, TastyReuben, sushi can be made (not normally) with steak or chicken, or even beer battered cod strips!

So I don't like ratatouille and have never eaten dal or pad thai before, but I would probably try it. Not going to try to make something that I have never eaten before because I will have no idea if I did it correctly or if it's even something I like.

Never made sushi - love the stuff, but to attermpt it I´d have to buy a Sushi kit.
Ratatouille - great, but not like there are many variants.
How about quiche?

Edited to add that I don't think everyone here likes sushi

I don't like it much: too much rice and style of substance! But I suggested it selflessly. :)

And anyway, I don't just make things I like.

I'll eat it if put in front of me but then I'll eat almost anything.

How about quiche?

I've suggested it loads of times before but nobody seems to vote for it except me. I love quiche or any savoury tart.

I don't like it much: too much rice and style of substance! But I suggested it selflessly. :)

I've suggested it loads of times before but nobody seems to vote for it except me. I love quiche or any savoury tart.

I love quiche! I've been wanting to make one.

CD

I adore quiche and it's something everyone likes, I imagine. So versatile and not hard to make. Rolling sushi isn't easy.

Edited to add that sushi can be made with less rice.

Last edited:

Hmm, living alone I generally only make things I like. Better than making them and tossing them out!

I adore quiche and it's something everyone likes, I imagine. So versatile and not hard to make. Rolling sushi isn't easy.

Edited to add that sushi can be made with less rice.
Here's someone who doesn't like quiche.. But it's probably because it's hard to get a good one here. I do like savory tarts, do they count?

Here's someone who doesn't like quiche.. But it's probably because it's hard to get a good one here. I do like savory tarts, do they count?
I'm betting you could make it delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom