Help us choose Dish of the Month for May!

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:08 PM
Its the last day of April so we need to decide on a Dish of the Month for May. Each month we choose a different and accessible dish so that most of us can join in, cook and post the results. So far we have had Frittata, Burgers and Pizza.

Any suggestions are welcome but it needs to be a dish that can be made vegan if required with fairly easily available ingredients and a dish which offers the chance for different interpretations.

Past suggestions have included pies, pancakes, potato salad, pasta salad, macaroni cheese, chilli and bread.

Please feel free to add suggestions with the above criteria in mind. We will make a decision ASAP based on which dishes get most mentions - so please join in and support a suggestion or come up with an idea.

I love the idea of either chili or - um - Mexican wraps (enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas). I wouldn't want to restrict it to just an enchilada or just a burrito (though even those have a multitude of options). Both are things that are accessible, and with a lot of options.

I can tell the weather is getting warmer...I'm thinking Mexican and Tex-Mex again! :sun:

I would save those for a separate DOM. With enchiladas they are sauced and burritos can be made "wet" using a sauce(s). Often these can be done "Christmas" with both red and green sauces.

I love making "wet" burritos. I have a recipe 80% done (article, video, pictures, etc.) ready to go on my blog.

Ok - its now the 3rd of May. The most mentions have been for Mexican wraps (thank you @CraigC for suggesting). I'm just going to broaden this out a bit to allow for lots of interpretations. So the dish of the month is Tortilla based dishes. There is a very extensive list of them here!

Ok - its now the 3rd of May. The most mentions have been for Mexican wraps (thank you @CraigC for suggesting). I'm just going to broaden this out a bit to allow for lots of interpretations. So the dish of the month is Tortilla based dishes. There is a very extensive list of them here!

One would assume that you will be precluding Spanish omelettes?

Back
Top Bottom