Help write a cookbook on Saturday 14 May 2022!

novelinaday

Local time
3:24 AM
Website
bit.ly

Screenshot 2022-05-04 at 19.04.09.jpg

Hi there! My name is Rog and for the past decade I've an annual collaborative writing event to write a novel in a day. Tomorrow (Saturday 14 May, 2022) we're trying something different and having a go at writing a cookbook together... and I'd love you to take part!

What is involved?
Participants submit an original recipe along with a photo of the finished dish. They also provide a "food story", connected to the dish. This story can be anything you like, such as how you came up with the recipe, what the dish means to your local community, or all about your relationship with your grandma who you used to cook it with every Thursday after school! It’s totally up to you, as long as it’s connected to the recipe you’re submitting. This story should be 500-1500 words (although this won't be strictly enforced).

Do I have to give up copyright to my recipes?

No! Participants retain all copyright in all aspects of their submissions (including the recipe, the food story and the pictures), just granting me and Literature and Latte (our sponsor) permission to use them in the cookbook.

What format will the cookbook be in?
It will be made freely available as a digital download as soon as possible after the event has finished. The event is completely free to take part, and the book will be completely free to download.

When do I have to submit by?
8pm, UK time on Saturday 14th May, 2022 -- which at the time of posting is TOMORROW!

More infomation, including how to submit are on the event page on our forum: Cookbook-in-a-Day!

If you have any more questions...
Ask here, or on the forum linked above!

Back
Top Bottom