Recipe Herb chicken with honey butter

mjd

Veteran
Local time
11:23 AM
My caregiver's sister gave her a bunch of cooking magazines. She does not cook so she gave them to me. Today we tried the "Herb chicken with honey butter" recipe. It turned out well.

My changes:
I had large boneless, skinless breasts with rib meat so I cut them in half and used a mallet to even them out.
I made 2 in my air fryer (about 5-6 minutes per side) and 4 in a cast iron skillet (about 6-7 minutes per side).
It was a bit too much butter for my taste so I did them in vegetable oil.
It took a few minutes longer on an electric stove set at low-medium.
I think it was too much honey butter so I would probably cut that in half next time.
Edited to add: I seasoned the chicken (garlic and onion) before dipping it in the egg and seasoned bread crumbs.

Ingredients

1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
3 tablespoons butter

HONEY BUTTER:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey

Directions

Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, combine softened butter and honey. Serve with chicken.

Source: Herb Chicken with Honey Butter

20201124_121653.jpg
20201124_121904.jpg

20201124_125724.jpg

Last edited:
My caregiver's sister gave her a bunch of cooking magazines. She does not cook so she gave them to me. Today we tried the "Herb chicken with honey butter" recipe. It turned out well.

My changes:
I had large boneless, skinless breasts with rib meat so I cut them in half and used a mallet to even them out.
I made 2 in my air fryer (about 5-6 minutes per side) and 4 in a cast iron skillet (about 6-7 minutes per side).
It was a bit too much butter for my taste so I did them in vegetable oil.
It took a few minutes longer on an electric stove set at low-medium.
I think it was too much honey butter so I would probably cut that in half next time.
Edited to add: I seasoned the chicken (garlic and onion) before dipping it in the egg and seasoned bread crumbs.

Ingredients

1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
3 tablespoons butter

HONEY BUTTER:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey

Directions

Place egg in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, combine softened butter and honey. Serve with chicken.

Source: Herb Chicken with Honey Butter

View attachment 51206 View attachment 51207
View attachment 51208

Like the sound of this.

Russ

Reactions: mjd
I preferred the air fried one a bit better because it had less oil. I like fried chicken every now and again but I tend to avoid/minimize oil and sugar where I can. However, BOTH were delicious.

I'm the same I can't deal with too much oil or fat. I'll try some variation on this recipe soon. I can't help but experiment...

Reactions: mjd
Back
Top Bottom