Hi from Nottingham

Sue Veed

Veteran
Local time
9:50 AM
I doubt that I'll be a frequent contributor on here, as I'm not much of a cook!
As you can see from my avatar, I'm keen on making pickles and chutneys, and preserves in general, but not much of a consumer, so I tend to have an overstocked larder. For example, today I had a Chaource cheese roll with some fig chutney that I made way back in September 2011. It was truly tasty, though, and had benefitted from its long storage.

My partner and I are piscatarian, i.e. largely vegetarian, but we have no problem in eating fish, on the rather tenuous principle of only eating what you would be prepared to kill yourself. We're equally off message in being prepared to eat cheese made with rennet - not very principled at all, are we?

Favourite manual kitchen implement: a large cook's knife bought from a market in the Algarve more than 20 years ago. Favourite electric kitchen implement: an equally venerable Magimix Cuisine 4000 food processor. Favourite ingredient: ground coriander (dhaniya) seed - it goes into more dishes than you could imagine!

I doubt that I'll be a frequent contributor on here, as I'm not much of a cook!
As you can see from my avatar, I'm keen on making pickles and chutneys, and preserves in general, but not much of a consumer, so I tend to have an overstocked larder. For example, today I had a Chaource cheese roll with some fig chutney that I made way back in September 2011. It was truly tasty, though, and had benefitted from its long storage.

My partner and I are piscatarian, i.e. largely vegetarian, but we have no problem in eating fish, on the rather tenuous principle of only eating what you would be prepared to kill yourself. We're equally off message in being prepared to eat cheese made with rennet - not very principled at all, are we?

Favourite manual kitchen implement: a large cook's knife bought from a market in the Algarve more than 20 years ago. Favourite electric kitchen implement: an equally venerable Magimix Cuisine 4000 food processor. Favourite ingredient: ground coriander (dhaniya) seed - it goes into more dishes than you could imagine!

:welcome: hello Sue

I am not much of a cook either but I have met some very interesting people on here and learned quite a bit about different cultures :thumbsup:

Great name. I was going to ask if you are a sous vide cook! But it sounds like you aren't. Feel free to post things about your preserves. Lots of us here share that interest. :wave:

:welcome::welcome: You made quite a contribution here with your introductory post. I am also keen to hear about the piscatarian ( had to pause to copy the spelling) way of life.

Hi and Welcome.

You don't need to be much of a cook to contribute here. We are always on the look out for more recipes and ideas, reviews of equipment (I have one of the smaller magimix's and love it) and chutneys and preserves are always very welcome she says remembering the caramelised onion chutney she is meant to be making at some point because we are out of it yet again....

So don't worry about what you think you know and just post here and you will soon learn loads and contribute more than you realise! And there are always the quizzes you can try to fathom out in the lounge area!

:welcome:

Back
Top Bottom