Hi From the San Francisco Bay Area

BWinCA

Local time
12:19 AM
I'm very happy to have discovered this website and have been very impressed with the expertise on these pages! There goes my diet for another month! :roflmao:
I have been cooking as a hobby for about 7 years. My favorite cuisines are Asian (mostly Thai) and Mediterranean/Mid East. I have about 600 recipes on my computer and still have about 200 to try!

While I love making traditional dishes I also very much enjoy fusion recipes and making my own dishes. I am currently focused on finding complementing flavors which aren't normally used together but whose taste work well together. For example, I recently made an Italian Wedding Soup and read that nutmeg goes well with the soup's ingredients. So I put a little on top and 'wow!', it really energized the soup! I love doing things like that as it makes cooking a lot of fun, and you get to share it with others and watch them enjoy eating.

Welcome BWinCA :welcome:. I'm glad you enjoyed our forum. We are not high traffic here but have a loyal international community who love to cook and talk about food. We love to hear about what you are eating/cooking in our regular thread: What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)? We generally have a few fun challenges running which anyone can join in. See here: The Current CookingBites Challenges.

Please feel free to join in wherever you like or start a new discussion thread.

Warm :welcome:
I researched many forums before choosing this one. CookingBites is the best. I love the fact that it is international. The forum members are exceptional cooks. They are kind, loving, supportive and frequently very humorous.
I have always been a good home cook. The forum members have encouraged me to "get out of my box". My skills have greatly improved. My family is very appreciative.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm very happy to have discovered this website and have been very impressed with the expertise on these pages! There goes my diet for another month! :roflmao:
I have been cooking as a hobby for about 7 years. My favorite cuisines are Asian (mostly Thai) and Mediterranean/Mid East. I have about 600 recipes on my computer and still have about 200 to try!

While I love making traditional dishes I also very much enjoy fusion recipes and making my own dishes. I am currently focused on finding complementing flavors which aren't normally used together but whose taste work well together. For example, I recently made an Italian Wedding Soup and read that nutmeg goes well with the soup's ingredients. So I put a little on top and 'wow!', it really energized the soup! I love doing things like that as it makes cooking a lot of fun, and you get to share it with others and watch them enjoy eating.

Glad to see more than one post, welcome from sunny nz as well. Well it's been sunny, were two days into autumn/fall here.

Russ

Last edited:
I imagine there might be multiple places in the world called Back Bay, and I used to live there on Beacon St.

And yes to the GS. Gorgeous, eh? 😊

He is gorgeous, I used to breed them. My bitch looked like yours, a long haired shepherd. One of the pups I sold made the papers here, he was the youngest to qualify for nz police force. I had cops knocking on my door for years. I was a registered kennel for breeding purposes.

Russ

He is gorgeous, I used to breed them. My btch looked like yours, a long haired shepherd. One of the pups I sold made the papers here, he was the youngest to qualify for nz police force. I had cops knocking on my door for years. I was a registered kennel for breeding purposes.

Russ

Would love to see pictures of him. He must have been something. It's funny, ours was in the police force also. He is a rescue dog but before we got him a local police force here selected him for their drug-sniffing class. He lasted about 5 months and then flunked out the last month, much to our delight. They called us to let us know he would be back and the next week-end we were there before they opened to buy him.

You don't breed them any more? The puppies must have been unbelievable.

Yep. Love it. I used to go to the pier off Pacifica, a small town about 15 miles south of SF to catch dungeness crab. Which reminds me, I have a recipe I should post here for it.

There are several Asian markets here that have live Dungeness available. We really like geoduck, which they carry from time to time. We have a 7 lb red abalone in our deep freezer a friend got before the ban. Love Cioppino! We do a lot of Cajun and Creole seafood dishes as well. Waiting on our local Restaurant Depot to have more sacks of live crawfish from Louisiana.

Would love to see pictures of him. He must have been something. It's funny, ours was in the police force also. He is a rescue dog but before we got him a local police force here selected him for their drug-sniffing class. He lasted about 5 months and then flunked out the last month, much to our delight. They called us to let us know he would be back and the next week-end we were there before they opened to buy him.

You don't breed them any more? The puppies must have been unbelievable.

Yeah she was a beautiful,bitch. That was like 35 years ago. We don't have pets now as we are away quite a bit.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom