Recipe Hickory Smoked Chicken Bombs

caseydog

Local time
9:20 PM
Hickory Smoked Chicken Bombs

ChickenBombs001.jpg

Ingredients (quantities depend on how many you want to make)

Chicken Thighs -- Bone In, Skin On
Jalapeño Peppers
Cheddar Cheese Block (substitute any cheese you like)
Salt
Granulated Garlic

Toothpicks
Butcher's Twine

Instructions

Debone your chicken thighs and remove any excess skin (it is hard to get boneless thighs with the skin on in the US).

Slice the stem end of your jalapeños off, use a slender paring knife to remove the placenta and most of the seeds. You will need to do this to get the cheese inside.

Slice your cheese to fit into the empty peppers. Stuff the peppers with cheese.

Roll the thighs around the cheese stuffed peppers, and run a toothpick through everything to keep the peppers from "squirting" out of the chicken. Wrap the chicken bombs with butchers twine -- two wraps should work fine. Season chicken bombs with salt and granulated garlic.

Here is where you will have to adapt to what you have for cooking. I used a Weber Kettle charcoal grill set up for indirect cooking. You can use a gas grill if you have a smoking box, or use some foil wrapped wood chips. DO NOT SOAK YOUR WOOD! That's just all kinds of wrong.

Put your chicken bombs on the grill/BBQ/smoker, cook until the internal temperature is 160F/72C. Pull, and let rest for five to ten minutes to retain juices.

IMG_2041.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

CD

Thats too funny - Over here they are “Wolf Turds.” I did recently try Shotgun Shells which more or less substitute the peppers for Manacotti shells. All are really good and of course smoked :)

Hickory Smoked Chicken Bombs

View attachment 93147

Ingredients (quantities depend on how many you want to make)

Chicken Thighs -- Bone In, Skin On
Jalapeño Peppers
Cheddar Cheese Block (substitute any cheese you like)
Salt
Granulated Garlic

Toothpicks
Butcher's Twine

Instructions

Debone your chicken thighs and remove any excess skin (it is hard to get boneless thighs with the skin on in the US).

Slice the stem end of your jalapeños off, use a slender paring knife to remove the placenta and most of the seeds. You will need to do this to get the cheese inside.

Slice your cheese to fit into the empty peppers. Stuff the peppers with cheese.

Roll the thighs around the cheese stuffed peppers, and run a toothpick through everything to keep the peppers from "squirting" out of the chicken. Wrap the chicken bombs with butchers twine -- two wraps should work fine. Season chicken bombs with salt and granulated garlic.

Here is where you will have to adapt to what you have for cooking. I used a Weber Kettle charcoal grill set up for indirect cooking. You can use a gas grill if you have a smoking box, or use some foil wrapped wood chips. DO NOT SOAK YOUR WOOD! That's just all kinds of wrong.

Put your chicken bombs on the grill/BBQ/smoker, cook until the internal temperature is 160F/72C. Pull, and let rest for five to ten minutes to retain juices.

View attachment 93148

View attachment 93149

View attachment 93150

CD

I think I love you

Back
Top Bottom