Holiday Weekend Here in the USA - BBQ Time

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
3:27 PM
I'm going to grill up some chicken later, but the neighborhood is putting on a fish fry down at the beach, since we can watch the fireworks from there. Some of the guys went fishing yesterday, and caught a mess of redfish that will be grilled and smoked. Is anyone else going to be grilling this weekend?

Attachments

• redfish - Copy.jpg
    redfish - Copy.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 252
It is July the 4th so I understand the excitement over there. I'm sure most houses would have special food on their table and some areas will be filled with the smoke of barbecue. This makes me excited too because we have reserved a cabin in the mountain resort and barbecue is the main dish. That will be on July 18, an overnight affair. It is in time for the birthday of one of our dogs. Yes, no kidding, we celebrate birthdays of our pets.

It is July the 4th so I understand the excitement over there. I'm sure most houses would have special food on their table and some areas will be filled with the smoke of barbecue. This makes me excited too because we have reserved a cabin in the mountain resort and barbecue is the main dish. That will be on July 18, an overnight affair. It is in time for the birthday of one of our dogs. Yes, no kidding, we celebrate birthdays of our pets.

That sounds like a nice trip. There's nothing wrong with celebrating the furbabies' birthdays, they're part of the family, too! What will you be barbecuing? Is it cool in the mountains there?

We had chicken on the grill this weekend before everyone went to the beach. I don't care for the beach so I am having quite time with a bottle of wine and a salad.

That sounds like a nice trip. There's nothing wrong with celebrating the furbabies' birthdays, they're part of the family, too! What will you be barbecuing? Is it cool in the mountains there?

The normal barbecue for us is marinated pork in wooden sticks for the skewers and cooked over charcoal. But for our planned barbecue in the mountain resort, there will also be chicken drumstick to complement that. My sister said she will bring fish - normally wrapped in foil with garnishings inside for flavoring. If you will look at it, the party is actually of the people, hahahaaa. And our dog would surely enjoy the trip, he likes riding in the car very much.

And that mountain resort has monkeys so we got to be on the lookout for our dogs.

The normal barbecue for us is marinated pork in wooden sticks for the skewers and cooked over charcoal. But for our planned barbecue in the mountain resort, there will also be chicken drumstick to complement that. My sister said she will bring fish - normally wrapped in foil with garnishings inside for flavoring. If you will look at it, the party is actually of the people, hahahaaa. And our dog would surely enjoy the trip, he likes riding in the car very much.

And that mountain resort has monkeys so we got to be on the lookout for our dogs.

A lot of people seem to really care for monkeys, but I've never liked them for some reason. I've seen shows where they're climbing all over people, but I guess it's all in what you've grown up with, or enjoy, because it seems dirty to me. I have no problem with my cats doing the same, but they're indoor pets, and are (somewhat, at least) clean. Do the monkeys attack dogs? The fish in foil sounds interesting. I usually do my shish kebabs in the oven (skewers), because my grill is pretty small.

Back
Top Bottom