Home brewing (including wine making)

Thinking of VB reminds me of Pony ales brewed by the other brewery at the time, The Guernsey Brewery.

One of my friends joined the Navy and on his first leave he went into a pub and said, as he normally would have done, "A pint of Pony please."

The barman looked at him really oddly and said "are you sure?"

My friend said "yes, of course."

The barman started lining up several small bottles of Pony Babycham, luckily my friend realised his error in time!

Liquid yeast packets, are those the ones you have to 'smack' to activate?

Wacky? Well slightly wacky I suppose, but last Christmas I bought a Christmas Pudding beer and it did have notes of Christmas Pudding when tasting.
Yes...that's the kind of yeast packet.

There are a dazzling array of amazing brews available these days. This is an astonishing French toast ale I had a few days ago:

C4129EF8-CFCA-4821-9EC0-F5A319451796.jpeg

This is the London Porter I drank recently in it's fermenting phase just after I'd pitched the yeast.

A day or so later it was fermenting like billy-o. Apparently I was lucky, some dark brews are well known for fermenting very vigorously and can easily escape your fermenting vessel causing a huge mess.

A Turbocider fermenting. So called because of the speed of brewing rather than a reference to the alcohol content. Made using shop bought apple juice. This one was made with four cartons of Co-op apple juice and one carton of Five-Alive fruit juice.

Strange to think this turns into a crystal clear cider!

Back
Top Bottom