Home Decor

Old kitchen sink:

New kitchen sink:

No more garbage disposal?
Yeah, it's still there. It's a sore point with me.

I wanted the guy to take it out (we're on our own septic system), but he didn't seem terribly confident in reconnecting the dishwasher drain, which currently runs through the disposal, so I'm still stuck with a completely useless piece of equipment.

Yeah, it's still there. It's a sore point with me.

I wanted the guy to take it out (we're on our own septic system), but he didn't seem terribly confident in reconnecting the dishwasher drain, which currently runs through the disposal, so I'm still stuck with a completely useless piece of equipment.

Yeah,, I know what you mean. I rarely use the disposal, unless I soaked from gunk off dishes overnight and wanted to flush that stuff clear. It still has its uses, in that respect.

Nice tap!
I'm already finding an issue with it!

I'm right-handed, so when I go to rinse or wash something, I naturally grab it with my right hand. That means I have to reach across the tap with my left hand, then push the lever to the left even further to start the water.

See how The Universe hates me? Gives me a nice new sink, then laughs at me with the backward-azz faucet! :laugh:

A home decor anniversary! It has been a year since I moved into my new apartment and I have finally plateaued on decking it out. I have just re-certified my lease and have started a 'breaking routine' series of tasks to move on to give some old tasks that have been on hold a new kick, including at the forefront, my writing projects.

I remain very pleased with the apartment and its surrounds.

Back
Top Bottom