Home made pasta sauce

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
5:24 PM
I make this every summer and freeze for the winter. Everyone's fave here is smoked chicken fettucine and sauce. I got tomatoes at $1 kg, so got 10 kgs and made sauce this morning.
Tomatoes, garlic,salt,pepper, oregano and basil. Herbs from our garden. Pics to follow.

Russ

Daughter just walked in the house,took her son to skatepark for a few hours, walked in and said, pasta sauce while sniffing the air, I said you bet. Got her to taste, said perfect but needs chilly. I said I know, it's cooked for the kids who aren't chilly friendly. Will add it when it's reheated.
Decided to go get more tomatoes.
Russ

Daughter just walked in the house,took her son to skatepark for a few hours, walked in and said, pasta sauce while sniffing the air, I said you bet. Got her to taste, said perfect but needs chilly. I said I know, it's cooked for the kids who aren't chilly friendly. Will add it when it's reheated.
Decided to go get more tomatoes.
Russ

I think it is always better to hold back on potent ingredients like chilis until you go to use the sauce. It gives you more options down the road.

CD

I don't really have a recipe for pasta sauce. I just eyeball it. Whatever I think should go in there, I put in. If I don't, I leave it out. And I cook it low & slow for a few hours until it starts to thicken.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom