Home Made Potato Fries

zararian

Veteran
Local time
2:43 PM
What are your simple yet yummy potato dishes?
We used to make home made potato fries and that is without any flavor. Simply just slice the potatoes like fries and then cook it on coconut oil. It is cheaper than buying fries at fast foods.

I do not buy frozen potato fries with preservatives but instead if I want to eat I rather make my own that I will eat in one serving and it is just potatoes and salt. Then my dipping sauce is just a mixture of ketchup and mayonnaise.

My favorite potato dish is potato au gratin, though I've never attempted it myself, but I do plan to. I think it not only tastes great but it also looks great as well when it's first brought out of the oven. As for dishes I myself make, I usually just go for baked potato because it's just too easy to stick it in the oven for a few minutes and top it with whatever you have or want.

We do the same here with what the OP said, but we serve the fries with a little bit of salt just to add in the flavor, haha.

My go-to potato dish is roasted red potatoes. I take the small red potatoes, cut them in quarters, then coat them in a mixture of olive oil, minced garlic, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Pop them in the over and flip once halfway through, take them out when they have a brown crispiness on both sides.

Another dish we usually cook with potatoes is a rather simple one, too. We just take the small potato balls (forgot what they're called) that we could buy in packs in the supermarket and boil them with chopped pieces of bacon. Add cheese and mayonnaise dips (they fit together, too, but depends on the cheese. Cheddar and mayonnaise are a good combination for us), and we kind of have a snack and an extra choice for a dinner meal, haha.

Back
Top Bottom